Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Polaris sportsman 1000xp with 120 hours on it. Quad ran great and then parked outside for 10 days with heavy rain. Went to start it up and ran fine for about 1 mile than it started to lose power and even started back firing and wouldn't go fast at all. Was able to make it back home and drained the fuel tank and added fresh fuel. That did nothing, i then checked the spark plugs, one was normal color but the other plug had a white tip on it. I then went out and bought 2 new plugs and installed them and still have the loss of power and backfire and hesitation. I pulled the plugs and im still getting a white tip on one of the plugs. It starts up fine but has absolutely no power i can barely go 40 mph.

So far i did the following.

New fresh gas
New plugs
Checked air filter
Disconnected battery for 20 min
Checked battery voltage
12.5 off 14.7 on.

My cluster is broken so i cant get any diagnostic codes. Any help would gladly be appreciated!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just checked fuel pressure is 58
Compession is 250 and 230 in both cylinders. Starting to think its an eletrical issue

·
Registered
19’ 850SP Camo. MtAiry Maryland
170 Posts
So....this will out of left park but I’ve seen it.: machine left outside, for a few days, where animals like squirrels can chew wiring and rubber hoses. I’d check all wiring and hoses before buying parts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So....this will out of left park but I’ve seen it.: machine left outside, for a few days, where animals like squirrels can chew wiring and rubber hoses. I’d check all wiring and hoses before buying parts.
I checked every wire and hoses last night. Even removed the ecu and checked the plug for corrosion. Its gotten worse now if i just give it gas it died while idling

·
Registered
19’ 850SP Camo. MtAiry Maryland
170 Posts
I once had a bad coil pack on a truck act exactly like that. At idle seemed fine, give it throttle and it failed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Today after work im going to inspect the cdi, test the ohms and see if its in spec. Hopfully its the cdi becouse i check just about everything except the tps and t map.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, checked the cdi and its 0.4 ohms just as it should as says in the manual. I even replaced spark plug wires, still runs like shit i go to give it trottle and it feels like its only running on one cylinder gutless engine wont rev! Takes like 1 min to get to full trottle while parked !

Only thing left to check now is maybe bad/dirty tmap sensor?
bad/clogged injector?
Tps sensor?
Ecu?

Any advice would be appreciated!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok flushed out gas agian just to be sure. Still running like crap. Plug up the fuel pressure tester and i get 58 psi but as soon as i turn it off the fuel pressure bleeds off kinda fast?!

Now im thinking could be a bad injector or maybe a oring somwear around the pump becouse i see no gas leaks outside.

Should it bleed of as soon as you turn the key off ? Shouldnt it hold pressure?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts