Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2015 sportsman 570
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to post what I experienced with my TPS code on my 2015 sportsman 570. Believe it was a 21 or 22 code that was defined as open or shorted TPS circuit.

My throttle cable it self needed adjustment and that was the first thing to fix. About 1/8 of extra play, then I pulled the 4 wire plug found on the side of the throttle at the handle bars. I carefully removed the plastic retaining pin and pulled/repaired each connector one at a time and reinstalling before I pulled the next one so I didn’t mix them up. While I had each one out I scratched up the surfaces of the connector pin to remove any corrosion or dirt. Once I had them all shiny and back in I applied some deox compound. I did my best to scratch up the throttle housing side pins without bending them then applied a deox compound and plugged it back in.

Since I did this I’ve put on 160 miles with no issues where before the TPS code and symptoms were constant. Symptoms included the throttle cutting out if more than 20% throttle was applied and the engine would fall on its face.

·
Premium Member
9,933 Posts
3/4 of electrical issues are the wiring not a component.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts