Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a ridiculous first post but I've spent an hour trying to find the answer and I can't. I also spent at least an hour looking over the machine.

I CAN'T FIND THE ECM!

This ATV was a freebie for a friend of mine. It has basically been neglected since almost new. The original buyer gave some conflicting info on whats wrong. All I know is that the ECM was pulled and was laying on the rack for over a year. We'd like to try plugging in back in to see if it will start. The problem is we looked forever and I can't find a spot where it goes???? Please help.

I've tried google, free service manuals, looking at parts diagrams, and everything else. Even though its a crappy first post can someone help?

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Should be there,.. its about 4in long and about 1 in wide, not sure you can remove install without removing the front plastics as they wrap around the handlebar stem.

·
Registered
252 Posts
You can take the side panels off to get to it. You don't have to take off the front fenders and stuff. It is above them. Look right behind the steering stem and in front of the airbox. Directly below the cluster pod. You may have to loosen the airbox and pull it back to get room to work. It has a rubber strap that holds it in place on the front of the air box. It is pretty tight in there. I have the same bike and have had mine out several years ago. There is a lever lock mechanism that pulls the male and female plug together and then locks it together.

D

·
Registered
314 Posts
I looked at my original post, I ment air box not fuel tank,.. thanks for the correction fellas.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If it is like the 2019 its sits right behind the air box. It may not be visible with the plastics on. There is a strap that holds it to the airbox.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts