Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2015 Sportsman 850 HO SP and didnt check to see if the headlights worked when I bought it. High beam, tail lights, bezel lights all work fine but have no low beams checked bulbs both visually and did a continuity test they both checked out, fuse is fine also. Checked the headlight plugs and wasnt picking up a voltage reading anybody have any idea what it might be? Guess im going to pull the pod tomorrow and check in there, im kind of stumped and really would like for my lows to work... Riding into the woods in the morning with my pod light glaring off my bow is not very fun!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,418 Posts
Sounds like the switch is bad. I'd pull the plug to the switch and chk continuity between the poles.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Check the electrical plug right at the switch for corrosion. I’m talking of the plug that plugs into the actual switch mounted on the handlebar. History of corrosion building up at that junction. Take it apart clean and put some dielectric grease if you find any corrosion

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Power goes into the handlebar switch and is internally connected to the lights via the on/off switch - if the high beam works, power is getting to the light switch - if there is no power on the dark green wire when the switch in in the low position, either the switch is bad or the connector with the dark green wire is not making contact with the switch assembly - if there is power on the DG wire at the switch and no power on the DG wire at the lights, the wiring needs repaired - is there is power on the DG wire at the lights, repair the ground wire or replace the bulbs whichever is the problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guy will check all that when I get home from apprentice class this afternoon...seems like I should be able to pin point it down now

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Power goes into the handlebar switch and is internally connected to the lights via the on/off switch - if the high beam works, power is getting to the light switch - if there is no power on the dark green wire when the switch in in the low position, either the switch is bad or the connector with the dark green wire is not making contact with the switch assembly - if there is power on the DG wire at the switch and no power on the DG wire at the lights, the wiring needs repaired - is there is power on the DG wire at the lights, repair the ground wire or replace the bulbs whichever is the problem.
Where will the ground be located it took the switch apart and cleaned it and didnt see any issues in there but still no lows

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally got it figured out...it is a faulty relay switch in the fuse box...headed to oreilleys tonight to get one...thanks for the help guys!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts