Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new Polaris Sportsman 850 Non EPS. I have had upper steering stem bushing replaced under warranty. It was loose again I took it in to dealer they replaced bushing and clamp, but it still has a 1/16 of movement. Any ideas, should I bring it back to dealer?

·
Registered
2,339 Posts

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
The polaris plastic bushing will never be tight.

·
Premium Member
12,408 Posts
A buddy of mine just bought a sporty 1G and has play in the upper steering mount. He is OCD about his quad and I told him I have seen it before. The way I ride my bike I would literally be going through hundreds of dollars of parts a year and countless hours wrenching to keep everything snug and tight. My honest opinion is these machines get beat and certain parts will become loose and as long as it isn't excessive it's the nature of the beast.

·
Registered
317 Posts
if you already took it to the dealer once and it wasn't fixed, then don't bother taking it again. sounds like they are using the same junk part anyway. its pretty sad when you have to work on your brand new quad

·
Registered
0 Posts
G/Day! What I did, was to shim it up around the outside. The flat side is the biggest gap to shim. The rest of the clamp,I used a beer can.In my case, it only took ONE layer. The bottom took FOUR. You will have to make a hole in the bottom, this is the oil hole, if you do maintenance!
P.S YOU ONLY NEED TO DRINK ONE BEER. ALMAX

1 - 8 of 8 Posts