Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buddy told me his Polaris needed a stator and was not charging. He sent me a video of a 570 stator replacement so I assumed he had a 570. When he drops it off and I start pulling the plastics the next day I see it's an ETX and says 325cc engine on the rear tag. (Not really familiar with Polaris)

The battery is completely dead and will not charge past 6 volts so that deff needs to be replaced. I did hook it up to a battery I had and it did start and run but is not charging. He left me a box with a new stator and a voltage regulator as well.

So I have not seen much for info on replacing the stator on an ETX. Looks like the the furthest bolt for the case cover is in the way of the frame. Is there any info on doing this job or should I just walk away from this repair before I even start pulling it apart.

Thank you.

·
Registered
13,346 Posts
Here's the procedure, but test the stator prior to removal from the engine - no need to replace it if it's not faulty

It is not necessary to remove the engine, but there are many procedures to be performed before getting to the point of removing the cover from the engine - you should have the manual before starting to work on it.

Perhaps you will get lucky and it only needs a battery and a rec/reg - test the stator first for continuity and output.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you sir. I appreciate it. I looked for a manual online and couldn't find much other than paying $80 for a hard copy. I searched this forum and didn't see any PDF copies of it either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts