Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought my 2015 sportsman 850 home 2 weeks ago. Going through all the normal break in procedures, with an occasional open throttle and wheelie here and there. I noticed that the handle bars had some play in them and eventually when I would turn side to side I would get an awful knocking feeling and it would make a terrible grinding noise. Took it back to the dealer to replace the bearing at the bottom of the steering shaft. Hopefully this isn't a trend with the new bikes. Anyone else having this issue?

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
I brought my 2015 sportsman 850 home 2 weeks ago. Going through all the normal break in procedures, with an occasional open throttle and wheelie here and there. I noticed that the handle bars had some play in them and eventually when I would turn side to side I would get an awful knocking feeling and it would make a terrible grinding noise. Took it back to the dealer to replace the bearing at the bottom of the steering shaft. Hopefully this isn't a trend with the new bikes. Anyone else having this issue?
No EPS, I presume?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no EPS, which is one reason I thought it was weird I was having issues already. Not even 10 hours on the machine yet.

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
no EPS, which is one reason I thought it was weird I was having issues already. Not even 10 hours on the machine yet.
Take it back to the dealer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts