Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any products available for the 2015 ( filler cushion or storage box ) like there is for the 2011-2014?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
The same as the 14' box i would assume...

·
Registered
964 Posts
Are there any products available for the 2015 ( filler cushion or storage box ) like there is for the 2011-2014?
Thanks

It amazes me that Polaris did not carry the storage box idea over from the 2011-14 model years. Hmmm...Polaris not taking an opportunity to sell an accessory is puzzling!!:question:

biz
:hmmm:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks

It amazes me that Polaris did not carry the storage box idea over from the 2011-14 model years. Hmmm...Polaris not taking an opportunity to sell an accessory is puzzling!!:question:

biz
:hmmm:
i have to believe something is coming

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Something has got to be coming.. When I bought my 2010 new there was no box.. It didn't come out till 2011.. That said on a primo model like the touring. Why they heck wouldn't they develop it at the same time.. I doubt there was a single Xp touring in history sold where the buyer didn't buy the rear seat delete box..

·
Registered
91 Posts
The Box for the 10-14 fits in the opening fine but I'm going to see if the post will align up in the center to make it work. The older wheelers use a single post and my 15 has two posts but there is a slot in the center of the brace so I'm thinking if you unbolt a post it may line up for the storage box. I'm going to by my dealer which has the older box to check alignment here soon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I upgraded to from my 2013 850 touring to the new 2015 1000 touring. On my 850 I had purchased the seat replacement storage bin for when I rode 1up. When I played with the new 1000 I took the seat off the 2nd rider seat, and low and behold I found the bottom portion opens up and can be used as storage! I may be telling you something you already knew, but was glad it came with it. You are probably wanting to ride without the additional seat and I don't know if the backrest comes off easily, but if you are just after storage, may be worth looking at to see if it will work for you. Hope that helps, and like the others, keep me updated on what you find out.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
The storage under the seat was a good idea. I didn't realize it until I took the seat off one day and notice the little tabs on back of the seat. So I'm looking to take the seat off since my fiancé does not always ride with me and give me room to haul stuff if I need to.
:trink4:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Little update
I went to the dealer size the part up and it fits in the opening perfect. Now here's the kicker. You'll have fab a small plate to hold the pin to lock it down then either use a self taper screw to hold down the front or what I'm going to do is drill a hole in the frame then weld a nut into the frame for a mounting point. The front of the box has a lip the sticks out and must go under a tab on the earlier models. But there's a very low tolerance to where the passenger seat mounts. The tab idea would be great if you no longer wanted a rear seat but I would to switch between both. This is the approximate point you'll weld in a smaller nut than what I have pictured. Oh sorry fellas my phone was charging when I was at the dealer so I do not have a picture of it setting inside my wheeler. I'll get one tomorrow .

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Then for the pin you'll have to fab a plate up to which it will mount to the brave then evstend out to hold the pin. Note this pin does not have to hold the weight of the container since it rest on the frame. This is approximately where the pin will be located

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts