Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping to get a little help, I have a 2016 450 HO and was trail riding and stopped to eat some lunch. When i got back on the bike it wouldn't start. Instrument panel lights up, lights work and winch works. Checked the battery shows good voltage even tried my battery from my other bike and same results. When i turn my key nothing happens not even a click. checked fuses all test good even changed my solenoid and still nothing, any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
8,044 Posts
Do you have power on the red/white wire at the solenoid when the key is in the start position? You may have a bad key switch.

·
Premium Member
9,780 Posts
In the start position do you have power at the starter?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All i have at the solenoid is two reds wires one which comes from the battery and one goes to the starter. Then a blue and yellow wire with the plug on it that plugs to the solenoid.

·
Registered
8,044 Posts
The wiring harness side of the plug has a brown (ground) and a white with a red stripe (12 volts when the key switch is turned to the start position) - test for 12 volts on the red white wire when the key switch is turned to start - if no 12v, the key switch needs to be tested. If the key switch tests good, then I can't be of further assistance - I do not have a wiring diagram for that unit. Maybe someone else on here can be more helpful.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your help, the problem I narrowed down is between the switch and the solenoid plug. Switch is getting power and sending power when the key is engaged and the plug for the solenoid is not getting power to engage the solenoid. When i jump the solenoid the engine turns over. Will have to figure out whats in between.

·
Premium Member
9,780 Posts
Yup sounds like a bad wire. You'll have to pull the loom back and trace it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hoping to get a little help, I have a 2016 450 HO and was trail riding and stopped to eat some lunch. When i got back on the bike it wouldn't start. Instrument panel lights up, lights work and winch works. Checked the battery shows good voltage even tried my battery from my other bike and same results. When i turn my key nothing happens not even a click. checked fuses all test good even changed my solenoid and still nothing, any help would be appreciated.
Yo. I have same problem. It's a wire off somewhere. I bypassed mines. I used a toggle switch. Use a wire from silenoid to toggle switch and use other side to a accessories fuse. Just remember to cut that switch back off after cranking it

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check your brake pressure switch, if it goes out the bike wont start in any gear, hit the front brake lever and see if the rear taillights get brighter when you push the lever, if they dont, the switch is bad, sometimes you can push the brake lever really hard and get it to break loose, it has to know the brakes are on when to start, if that switch goes out it can't do that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts