Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 570 Sportsman and it runs awful. only has 50 mi on it and fuel tank was swampwater. I cleaned that out, put a new plug, new fuel, cleaned the fuel injector. Misses, backfires, stalls out etc. Somebody mentioned it could be the fuel pump. I believe I have got all the hoses, guage etc to test the pump but I don't know the procedure. Would appreciate it if somebody could walk me through it.
Thanks Ken

·
Premium Member
9,914 Posts
Yup grab a fuel pressure reading!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there some way I can find out for sure? I don't want to guess and hope to get lucky.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I would also suggest adding the fuel tank heat shield to protect the new pump. Polaris tarted adding these shields to the 2017 models because of heat issues.
Part number for the shield is 5263226.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My old boss had one that did that. I know it went back and forth to the shop a few times before fixed it. I thought it was something electronic. I know that prob didn't help. Good luck though

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks to everybody about everything, you guys really put me on the right track. With the old pump I was getting 38psi when the new one came in I tested it, got 58psi just like the spec said. I put the new pump in, machine runs like a top now!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts