Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds like my cooling fan is on its way out. Polaris fan is quite pricey, are there any alternatives out there? What is the best way to install the new fan? Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sounds like my cooling fan is on its way out. Polaris fan is quite pricey, are there any alternatives out there? What is the best way to install the new fan? Thanks in advance for any help!
No one?

·
10,655 Posts
Any good cooling fan either OEM or aftermarket is going to be expensive new.
Powersports Nation has good used ones reasonably priced and they guarantee their parts. Below is a link.
What is wrong with your original?
The OEM on my old 800 started getting noisy a few years ago and I removed it to discover that the retaining pin holding the fan blade to the motor was just loose in the hole. Roughed it up and added a little dab of JB Weld and its run smooth and quiet for several years and several thousand miles now.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any good cooling fan either OEM or aftermarket is going to be expensive new.
Powersports Nation has good used ones reasonably priced and they guarantee their parts. Below is a link.
What is wrong with your original?
The OEM on my old 800 started getting noisy a few years ago and I removed it to discover that the retaining pin holding the fan blade to the motor was just loose in the hole. Roughed it up and added a little dab of JB Weld and its run smooth and quiet for several years and several thousand miles now.

Thanks for the reply. I was plowing the other day and noticed a loud noise which turned out to be the fan, it is kind of a high pitched whining noise, really sounds like a bad bearing. is the motor rebuildable? How difficult is it to remove?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. I was plowing the other day and noticed a loud noise which turned out to be the fan, it is kind of a high pitched whining noise, really sounds like a bad bearing. is the motor rebuildable? How difficult is it to remove?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone know the part # of the SPAL fan that is compatible with the 2016 850SP?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts