Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Ace about 4 months ago and love it . I have a couple of honda odyssey's a FL 250 2 Fl 350 and one Honda Pilot 400. The Odyssey's are great but I can't ride them on some of the trails me and my son like to go on since there not AWD . That's why I picked up the Ace I bought a Moose plow system for my Ace and installed it . I haven't used the plow yet but after I lifted the plow and put it down and took the plow off I went for a ride the front end was pulling to one side and it smeed like the motor was sluggish . At one point I thought I had a flat but I didn't. . After a couple of min it started to run better and was not pulling any more. Then the other day I was out on the trails and stopped one of my friends was kind of sitting on the front end of my Ace and when I started riding again it started doing the same thing pulling to one side and sluggish motor this lasted for about a half mile then it started torun good again . The Ace is all stock and was in great shape when I bought it only 20 hours on it . Every thing Iv red on them said it should be able to handel a plow the plow is only a 48 inch one . I don't want to hook up the plow again until I figure out what's going on with it . Does anybody have any ideas ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought mine almost solely for the purpose of using it to plow. When I bought it I got the Polaris system because it is heavier than something like a moose and it comes off and on pretty easy.

It actually sounds like a brake issue. I would suspect that one brake is sticking. I have the opposite problem with mine leaking large amounts of brake fluid. I am still waiting for a set of pads and a rebuild kit for the caliper since a new caliper is almost $200!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's one of the first things I checked after the first time it did it because of the way it was pulling to the right , I didn't find anything wrong . I really don't want to have to take it to the dealer for repairs last time I took one of my ATV's there it cost a fortune but I might have to because I can't use my plow until I get it fixed .

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
Jack it up and get all 4 wheels off the ground and in the air..... turn them by hand see whats binding......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts