Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I just recently got my new 2016 Polaris Sportsman 450 HO and was looking around for things like tires, possibly rims, snorkel kit, clutch kit, pipe, etc but I can't find anything or anyone that makes things for my model, etc. Does anyone know the explanation for this and can help me out with additional links and also additions to the new rig. :dance:​

MY QUESTIONS ARE:​

What size tires should I get?
What tires should I get? (I go in mud and swamps)
Best clutch kit?
Best snorkel kit?​

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
All I can offer since I went thru same thing in 14, when I bought my 14 model, very few items.listed to fit it. So had to dig in and find out if there were any major changes from 2010-2013 and things ended up bolting right on, but manufacturers just didn't have time yet to update their product lines to say it would.

So research that and if no major chasis or drive train changes from prior years, pretty good chance the stuff for previous yr/s will all fit, but manufacturers just aren't as fast to keep up until about mid yr to fall.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All I can offer since I went thru same thing in 14, when I bought my 14 model, very few items.listed to fit it. So had to dig in and find out if there were any major changes from 2010-2013 and things ended up bolting right on, but manufacturers just didn't have time yet to update their product lines to say it would.

So research that and if no major chasis or drive train changes from prior years, pretty good chance the stuff for previous yr/s will all fit, but manufacturers just aren't as fast to keep up until about mid yr to fall.
So are the 2016 450 HO and the 2016 570 the same exact frame just different HP and then tire sizes? If so then there are way more options I believe that have been updated to the 570 instead of 450.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
9,380 Posts
For a smaller engine the mud tires I would choose are the maxxis zillas. 28x9-12 for the front and 28x11-12 on the rear. Go with a QSC clutch kit from Ryan over a RVSPERFORMANCE.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For a smaller engine the mud tires I would choose are the maxxis zillas. 28x9-12 for the front and 28x11-12 on the rear. Go with a QSC clutch kit from Ryan over a RVSPERFORMANCE.
I was thinking more like MEGA MAYHEMS? I need something with good deep tread, ????

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also keep in mind it has 567cc and 31 HP. Also can I retune it to be like a the 570's with 44 HP?

·
Premium Member
9,380 Posts
Also keep in mind it has 567cc and 31 HP. Also can I retune it to be like a the 570's with 44 HP?
Yeah mega's will work. Idk about doing a re-tune I think the 570's are getting the extra hp over the 450's from dohc head opposed to the sohc one on the 450. Get the tires and clutch done see how it feels before worrying about a programmer. :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
same engine 450 and 570 .... swap out a ranger ecm and walla... the 570 ecm wont work being the 570 has a throttle cable and the 450 is drive by wire ...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah mega's will work. Idk about doing a re-tune I think the 570's are getting the extra hp over the 450's from dohc head opposed to the sohc one on the 450. Get the tires and clutch done see how it feels before worrying about a programmer. :)
What sizes should I get? Are there any other ones that might perform better in mud? Thanks everyone.

·
Premium Member
9,380 Posts
28" will work with out a lift and axles.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
same engine 450 and 570 .... swap out a ranger ecm and walla... the 570 ecm wont work being the 570 has a throttle cable and the 450 is drive by wire ...
Good to know, wondered how long it would take for drive by wire to make its way on to atv's.

Dealers will have no isdue selling ranger ecm?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't need new rims, right? I was hoping to keep stock rims because once they're caked up with mud, no one will see them haha. And does it matter about the 9 in 28x9-12 size and the 11 in 28x11-12?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So you're saying to take a POLARIS RANGER ECM and put it in my 450 HO? What performance and all will that give and do to my machine?

·
Premium Member
9,380 Posts
I don't need new rims, right? I was hoping to keep stock rims because once they're caked up with mud, no one will see them haha. And does it matter about the 9 in 28x9-12 size and the 11 in 28x11-12?
If they don't fit you can either do a tie-rod end flip or get a 1/4" spacer from rubber down customs.

·
Registered
2007 500x2 le
843 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts