Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Guys I'm now leaning to getting the 28" Outlaw for 12" rims. 28x12.5x12 would be 38.7lbs per tire for a total of 77.4 lbs total in back and then 28x9.5x12 would be 33.8lbs for a total of 67.6 in the front. Do you think the machine would be able to turn them with a clutch kit and have no problems?

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
That's pretty damn heavy.

It's your call, but imo something like a zilla would be better.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
That's pretty damn heavy.

It's your call, but imo something like a zilla would be better.
I want a good mud tire and not a shitty one that will bottom me out and get me stuck every time. Need something aggressive not a little 1/4" tread.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Should have bought a highlifter edition ?

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
How about silverback ? They are quite a bit lighter, and cheaper.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Guys I'm now leaning to getting the 28" Outlaw for 12" rims. 28x12.5x12 would be 38.7lbs per tire for a total of 77.4 lbs total in back and then 28x9.5x12 would be 33.8lbs for a total of 67.6 in the front. Do you think the machine would be able to turn them with a clutch kit and have no problems?
If you wanna run tires like the big dogs, you need to get a big dog machine, and a 450 is more of a puppy, and will be very prone to need clutch and axle work to run those tires, and also it doesn't have the power to turn them properly, and even if you get the extra 13 hp of the 570 you will still be underpowered for those tires in mud

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
If you wanna run tires like the big dogs, you need to get a big dog machine, and a 450 is more of a puppy, and will be very prone to need clutch and axle work to run those tires, and also it doesn't have the power to turn them properly, and even if you get the extra 13 hp of the 570 you will still be underpowered for those tires in mud
Understand man. I'll just roll with the Mega Mayhems since that'll do me just as good as any other tire would I hope. With an extra perk of a winch I'm sure to be satisfied riding with the guys. Mega Mayhems won't be a problem, right? My quad will be able to turn them I'm sure...

·
Premium Member
9,299 Posts
Yeah mega's will do ya. You just can't expect a whole lot out of a mid bore doing deeper mud with big tires and all. Stick to 28" mega's or zilla's, do the clutch kit and see how you like it. Then look into a snorkel and maybe an ECM upgrade.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I think Mega Mayhems are what I'm wrapped around now. They will do fine, or no?
The Mega's should be a lot easier on the machine, but you are still going to need a clutch kit. Have fun and I wasn't trying to insult your machine, just pass on a little advice before you either tore something up or were extremely disappointed with the machine performance with those heavy tires

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I think Mega Mayhems are what I'm wrapped around now. They will do fine, or no?
The Mega's should be a lot easier on the machine, but you are still going to need a clutch kit. Have fun and I wasn't trying to insult your machine, just pass on a little advice before you either tore something up or were extremely disappointed with the machine performance with those heavy tires
Yeah, I understand man haha. No insults taken lol. I think what @bp405 said was a good start of what I need for the ole quad. Thanks everyone for the help.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Oh yeah, I had a quick question if I could swap the cargo box in the front with something sturdier like the back rack so I can pull it out without breaking the damn cargo box, seeing it's just latch on by two of the latches.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Oh yeah, I had a quick question if I could swap the cargo box in the front with something sturdier like the back rack so I can pull it out without breaking the damn cargo box, seeing it's just latch on by two of the latches.
I think a more sturdy solution would be better. I don't think the thin-walled tubes in the rear rack will hold up to repeated stress from being pulled out. If it was me, I'd look into a front bumper and maybe have a d-ring welded on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey so what tires did you land up going with and was the clutch kit necessary?? I've got the same machine, just picked up some itp mud lites xtrs 26x12x12 rear 26x9x12 front!! The tire looks Hugh and is pretty heavy!! Any info would be great thanks

21 - 37 of 37 Posts