Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I recently bought a 2016 Polaris 570 and since the day I bought it it has had stalling problems. It was never beat on the person I bought it from rode it on a farm in Virginia, but she did say it Saturday for a while & she would only run it to keep the battery charged. It first started on my first ride with it I was just driving around and it shut off mid ride and wouldn’t drive since then. It would turn over and idle but as soon as I put it in gear to drive and hit the throttle it would shut off or barley drive and backfire till it shut off. It would also read “LO 10.8” on the screen occasionally not all the time. Charged the battery all night, didn’t fix it. so I went ahead and changed the voltage regulator. Didn’t fix the problem. Took it to the shop they said it was a bad fuel pump. Got the fuel pump changed. It ran back to normal after that except when I hit the throttle quickly it had a slight hesitation. Well today about 2 weeks after replacing the fuel pump, I started it back up and it was doing the same problem. I would turn the key and it would start but when I reved it up in Park it would cut off. I took it for a ride and it’s would constantly stall mid acceleration. And now it just sits and idles rough like it wants to stall untill it does like 5 seconds later. I’m not knowledgeable at all with atv’s and fixing them but I’m stumped and I’d rather get others opinions before spending another 500$ and not get the problem fixed. Any idea what it could be now?

·
Super Moderator
15,600 Posts
Make sure the throttle lever has about 1/16 to 1/8 inch of free play when you press it. There's an adjuster in the throttle cable about 4 or 5 inches down from the throttle housing with a rubber sleeve that has to be moved back for access.
This adjusts the cable play and safety switch inside the throttle housing with a set of electrical contact points that cuts the ignition if the free play isn't set correctly.
Not sure that's your problem but its the first thing I'd check.
Let us know what you find.

·
Administrator
18,797 Posts
Possibly a bad battery and/or a bad stator.

Check voltage across the battery terminals with a volt meter (should be about 13v on a fully charged battery) - start engine and rev to about 2500 rpm and check voltage (should not exceed 14.8 volts DC) - switch meter to AC and see if there is an AC reading across the battery terminals (if AC is present, it will be a steady to slightly fluctuating voltage that steadily increases with a rise in engine RPM) - if ACV is present, check the stator for a short to ground, if none is found, disconnect the stator from rec/reg, If the AC disappears and the stator had no continuity to ground, test and be prepared to install a new rec/reg.

This should get you pointed in the right direction, but the service manual has mostly complete and detailed instructions for troubleshooting. There are some tests that are not covered by the manual.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! I recently bought a 2016 Polaris 570 and since the day I bought it it has had stalling problems. It was never beat on the person I bought it from rode it on a farm in Virginia, but she did say it Saturday for a while & she would only run it to keep the battery charged. It first started on my first ride with it I was just driving around and it shut off mid ride and wouldn’t drive since then. It would turn over and idle but as soon as I put it in gear to drive and hit the throttle it would shut off or barley drive and backfire till it shut off. It would also read “LO 10.8” on the screen occasionally not all the time. Charged the battery all night, didn’t fix it. so I went ahead and changed the voltage regulator. Didn’t fix the problem. Took it to the shop they said it was a bad fuel pump. Got the fuel pump changed. It ran back to normal after that except when I hit the throttle quickly it had a slight hesitation. Well today about 2 weeks after replacing the fuel pump, I started it back up and it was doing the same problem. I would turn the key and it would start but when I reved it up in Park it would cut off. I took it for a ride and it’s would constantly stall mid acceleration. And now it just sits and idles rough like it wants to stall untill it does like 5 seconds later. I’m not knowledgeable at all with atv’s and fixing them but I’m stumped and I’d rather get others opinions before spending another 500$ and not get the problem fixed. Any idea what it could be now?
Hi Bassmaster- I have a 2016 Sportsman 570 with same problem. Took it out of winter storage. It starts, idles and revs fine in park. Accelerate in drive and she stalls out after 5-10 seconds during the accel or during the decel. She always starts back up ok but always stalls out again during same conditions mentioned above. What did you finally do to solve you’re problem? Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Bassmaster- I have a 2016 Sportsman 570 with same problem. Took it out of winter storage. It starts, idles and revs fine in park. Accelerate in drive and she stalls out after 5-10 seconds during the accel or during the decel. She always starts back up ok but always stalls out again during same conditions mentioned above. What did you finally do to solve you’re problem? Thanks!
Did you ever get it figured out?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anyone ever figure this out??? I got a 2016 Sportsman 570 doing the exact same thing. Revs fine in neutral, rips hard until it warms up. Then it on wot it feels like the key is turned off. If I keep the throttle pinned, it will cut back on and take off, then die out again. I checked fuel pressure and I'm ~55psi, even during the failure. Also, no codes are displaying. Seems electrical... Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
13,341 Posts
Font Line Window Pattern Automotive exterior
to the forum
Ball Automotive lighting Vehicle registration plate Font Gas

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
13,341 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts