Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Polaris Sportsman 570 base model. I saw some posts where guys had added factory EPS to the base model without issue. I recently added a factory EPS motor to my machine. All the wiring, the relay and the fuse where there. Upon initial startup I logged a check engine light with two codes, see below: The EPS did not work. I took the machine to the dealership to have the ECU/ECM reflashed. It still does not work. I bought the motor used from Ebay. The seller did say it worked but I have no idea.

My main question is, does the base model ECU contain the information needed to run EPS or does/can it be added? Also wondered if there was anyone out there that has a 14-20, 570 sportsman with factory EPS that could post a picture of their ECM. I wonder if the EMC says Programed SPMN 570 or Programed SPMN 570 -EPS?

Any help would be great.

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
7,059 Posts
Welcome.gif
to the forum
Cheers.gif

Your question has now been logged into the queue and the next available forum member will answer you shortly. You will be given more advice than you could hope for.

The real shortage in this country is common sense.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update today 6/12. Received another EPS motor. This one was same part number as a 2016 with factory EPS would get and same year as my machine, 2016. The pervious one was same part number but from 2019. Not sure if that matters or not, I just think the first motor didn't work. The result this time was success. No ECU errors, check engine lights or EPS light flashing, the motor comes on instantly. I will be returning the bad motor for a refund.

I got the EPS motor from Ebay for $200. The lower and upper shafts for $23 and $28. I bought the mounting plate and hardware from Cheap Cycle Parts Warehouse, total ~$80 with shipping. So for less than $400 I got factory EBS. Overall well worth the time to install (twice). I use my Sportsman to work on our property. Pull behind mower, small king cutter plow for food plots, snow plowing and hauling wood. the EPS helps out a lot.

So if you are wondering if you can add EPS to a stock machine. I would say for anything 2014 - 2020 the answer is yes. If your machine has the relay, fuse and wiring, it should work. Just make sure the EPS motor you buy actually works.

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts