Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
Polaris Sportsman 1000 XP
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Polaris Sportsman 1000 XP and the Steering is Extremely Sensitive when turning. It feels like your driving a boat on water. I have lifted the atv and bearings and joints are tight. One observation i noticed was how EASY it was to turn the tires left to right with the engine off. The steering has been so sensitive its dangerous to ride. Any Advice? Im stumped.

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
Check this out!

·
Premium Member
12,338 Posts
What's your tire pressure??? Also is this a new phenomenon or are you comparing it to another ride???

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did you install a lift kit? or just lifted it with a jack to check?

was it on the jack? was the key on? Maybe the tires are out of alignment.
Key off and tires off the ground. The tires could be turned just with my fingers. No lift kit installed

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What's your tire pressure??? Also is this a new phenomenon or are you comparing it to another ride???
tires pressure is correct like my other polaris... the steering on this one is has no tension what so ever. you arm could twich and the wheels would turn completely

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also noticing my steering turns so so easy with motor off and ignition to the off position. My other machine the EPS will not turn on until i at least turn the ignition to the on position. Im starting to think maybe the EPS is bad?

·
Premium Member
12,338 Posts
Oh yeah EPS shouldn't work with the key in the off position. Some thing electrically is jacked up!!!

Reactions: Utefan4ever

·
12,232 Posts
I'm now thoroughly confused lol.
If it DON'T turn easy with the front wheels off the ground then you REALLY have a problem... and it ain't EPS!

·
Premium Member
3,496 Posts
I’m lost too. How can EPS still function with key off, even if it did, it wouldn’t for long as battery battery would die!

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
5,348 Posts
1609275133533.gif
1609277115895.gif

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm now thoroughly confused lol.
If it DON'T turn easy with the front wheels off the ground then you REALLY have a problem... and it ain't EPS!
That’s the problem ... the wheels turn very easy with key off and the wheel turns with one finger with it on .... definitely something is wrong

1 - 20 of 58 Posts