Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2016 Polaris 1000xp 9 months ago today it has 135 miles with 28.5 hours on it and the front differential and drive shaft snapped going about 5 MPH in RWD.. This thing was $11,000 dollars and it broke before its first oil change. I called Polaris and they are telling me its my fault due to wheelies and aggressive riding. They don't stand behind there products!!!! they say the warranty is BLACK and WHITE and there is nothing they can do. If you really want one of these JUNK over priced unproven pieces of shit!!!! buy an extended warranty !!!!!!! look into the CEO he gets 12 machines a year!!! they give him that many so he doesn't see all the failures!!!!! I will never buy a POlariS!!!!! POS again!!!!!! garbage not to mention they have the worst reviews ... Save your money!!!!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
:bsflag:

:postpic:

PS I believe some of the front diffs are on recall (unfortunately I think only High Lifter 1ks), so if you read around this is not a new issue and with that low miles definitely a winnable case in small claims court against Polaris... Now if you got a Lifted monster tire machine then you are most likely not getting anything..

·
Registered
334 Posts
I bought my 2016 Polaris 1000xp 9 months ago today it has 135 miles with 28.5 hours on it and the front differential and drive shaft snapped going about 5 MPH in RWD.. This thing was $11,000 dollars and it broke before its first oil change. I called Polaris and they are telling me its my fault due to wheelies and aggressive riding. They don't stand behind there products!!!! they say the warranty is BLACK and WHITE and there is nothing they can do. If you really want one of these JUNK over priced unproven pieces of shit!!!! buy an extended warranty !!!!!!! look into the CEO he gets 12 machines a year!!! they give him that many so he doesn't see all the failures!!!!! I will never buy a POlariS!!!!! POS again!!!!!! garbage not to mention they have the worst reviews ... Save your money!!!!
A) They denied warranty coverage over the phone? I think not. Not unless you have obviously voided the warranty in other ways that you happened to mention?

B) there ≠ their

C) !!!!!!!!!!

D) You will have more satisfying results bashing Polaris on another brand forum.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The diff issues suck for sure. I haven't had a problem yet with 300 miles on mine. My buddy has a '15 1000 Touring with over 3k miles on it now and hasn't had a issue. But it's always in the back of my mind when I ride it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Watch out for Polaris Police, My new 2014 now with 170 hours blowing blue smoke and my 2015 sportsman 570 had a dead trans at 160 hours and melting side panel and seat. Polaris does not cover any thing for me. Never will by Polaris again. Pictures in my album

·
Registered
815 Posts
Watch out for Polaris Police, My new 2014 now with 170 hours blowing blue smoke and my 2015 sportsman 570 had a dead trans at 160 hours and melting side panel and seat. Polaris does not cover any thing for me. Never will by Polaris again. Pictures in my album
So yours was under warranty and they denied your warranty and wouldn't fix it under warranty?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
334 Posts
So yours was under warranty and they denied your warranty and wouldn't fix it under warranty?

Mine was under warranty when I brought it in for a completely legitimate warranty claim and was denied.

·
Registered
815 Posts

Mine was under warranty when I brought it in for a completely legitimate warranty claim and was denied.
What was the problem you were having?

·
Registered
334 Posts

What was the problem you were having?

See here.

I charged back the $2000 down payment that I put on my credit card when I bought the machine. That made me feel a little better. Shortly thereafter the powersports segment of that dealership went out of business. That made me feel a lot better.

edit: Oh, and I also decided I would never buy another Polaris, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to stick to my guns on that. I did however drop a good chunk of change last year on a 2016 Canam for my wife though, and I got to feel like I was sticking it to Polaris one more time, so that was nice too.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
First post yesterday morning and hasn't been back...... I smell a Troll, stirring the pot.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I wouldn't say he is a troll, just another pissed off Polaris customer sharing is crappy experience. Also doubt my next machine will be a Polaris. Seems like quality has gone down while prices have gone up. Seems like they are too big for their britches anymore.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Exactly my thoughts on Polars.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I agree as well. It seems like on the forum or not, after a few months new polaris owners don't want to buy another one.

Mine has been pretty solid, but I'm not brand loyal. I'll ride this thing until there's nothing left. Maybe by then yamaha or honda will have a real big bore.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
The diff issues suck for sure. I haven't had a problem yet with 300 miles on mine. My buddy has a '15 1000 Touring with over 3k miles on it now and hasn't had a issue. But it's always in the back of my mind when I ride it.

I too am nervous, I just put bigger tires on and HD springs which give it a lift (figure more angle now so more wear/chance of issues), I know I will need new axles, but wondering if I shouldn't do the diff fix now. My extended warranty ends in 2 months... But I got 3800 miles on it without any issues so far and i had 27" tires on the entire time, so wondering if I really need to do anything....

PS I have had issues and will probably always buy Polaris, LOL!! My buddies have had just as many issues with their canned hams/Yamahas, so we all just laugh at each other and then help each other fix them...

·
Registered
750 Posts
Maybe Trump will be able to convince Polaris to stop building all their ATVs/UTVs in Mexico and bring production back to the US...and perhaps even start using US steel again so they have some strength in the frames. Black and Decker is coming back, Ford is coming back...you never know.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sounds good

·
Registered
819 Posts
Maybe Trump will be able to convince Polaris to stop building all their ATVs/UTVs in Mexico and bring production back to the US...and perhaps even start using US steel again so they have some strength in the frames. Black and Decker is coming back, Ford is coming back...you never know.
I think it would be more likely he would buy into Polaris, move it ALL down south, and profit! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

·
Registered
750 Posts
If you haven't figured out that he is already moving more jobs and production back to the states since being president elect than obango did as president...well, not much more to say.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Me thinks we have a case of someone riding the quad HARD and thinking it will do all the stuff they see on UTUBE with out any modifications.
Mud, water, wheelies, aggressive riding, etc take their toll on any piece of equipment.

One cannot expect the stock bike to hold up under those conditions.
Would you treat your car that way? Would they warranty these conditions if they has an in-killing of abuse?

my $.02

1 - 20 of 25 Posts