Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to add a deep basket to the rear of my 2016 Sportsman 570. Since technically there is no "custom made" aftermarket ones for the standard plastic top, I was wondering if anyone has tried to switch out the plastic rear base with Polaris's Tough Rack and mount it to that??? Was looking to install that with Great Days Mighty Lite- Deep Basket. Polaris only has 4 bolts that actually mount to the back STEEL frame. But has additional holes where a rear bumper mounts to add a possible bracket for the basket if reinforcement for heavy loads if needed.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I dont have experience with the basket you're looking at mounting but i do have the tough rack. Im very happy with it. Sturdy. I dont see why it wouldn't work especailly if you have a rear bumper

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
andwes03, Is that your broken rack in the background leaning on the wall?

·
Registered
428 Posts
andwes03, Is that your broken rack in the background leaning on the wall?
Sure is, thats why i wound up with the tough rack. That was the outcome of a slipping belt after a water crossing and a hill. Belt slipped and grabbed and i wound up going over backwards.

I took everything apart and sealed it all up real good after that, was an expensive boo boo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts