Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My eps light goes on when I am above 70 mph. I had this problem since new in May of 16. Been back to the dealer endlessly with this problem. I loose power steering and get a over voltage code. Polaris has replaced the powersteering pump,battery voltage regulator multible times stator and flywheel. Now polaris tells me the engineers say there is nothing wrong with this machine.Anyone else have a problem like this or maybe a remidty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Polaris customer service told me that there is nothing wrong with my 850. There tech support also told me that.
My mechanic at the dealership I bought it at 3 years ago has been working on it quite regulary. Supposably he found someone at polaris that told him they have a different regulator and wiring harness for this issue. They have it ordered.
I'll let you know if it works and also a part # for each

I have a 2017 850 that doesn't have this issue

·
Registered
38 Posts
I’m taking out my old voltage regulator and sending it to https://ricksmotorsportelectrics.com to fix the one I have or make me a brand new better quality one. Need to finish removing it but should be sending it out to them tomorrow.

This is what mine has been doing. It can’t handle when it gets about 6200 RPM but I know it’s happening at lower RPM as well but could get it when it was hooked up to my multimeter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mines out on my 2018 570sp for good bringing to the dealer should have never sold my Honda...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
I hRick’s Motorsport Electronics make me a Voltage Regulator. I did have to do a slight grinding to my frame to make it fit but it wasn’t much at all. Ricks is aware of that problem and will look into if they can adjust their parts to make it fit. They went well about my expectations answered all my questions in a very timely manner. But more importantly my voltage regulator issue along with my EPS going in and out has now been fixed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey Guys... thought I would just give u my experience here. So my 13 sportsman 850 xp speedo became erratic.... meaning that when doing 50 it said 0... or jumped to 60 then to 15 and so on.... then right away the EPS light came on and and I lost power steering... then the engine light flashes! I stopped... turned off and restarted..all was well until I gained a little speed. What baffled me was I thought the issue revolved around the EPS... but.. the whole issue here revolved around a faulty speed sensor. I swapped it out with my other 850 and problem solved...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts