Polaris ATV Forum banner

321 - 340 of 340 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
I *think* the 450 might be a re badged etx as it is the only atv they are not listing displacement for on the spec sheet.

·
Registered
7,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #324
I think the 450 HO might be a bored out ETX. but it only got it 1 HP per the specs... Wonder if the torque specs match up so closely?

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I hope the rad relocate/snorkels are available as a kit.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I don't think the etx sold nearly as many as Polaris had hoped for so their attempt to span a gap between the 570 and etx has failed. I'm happy they bored it out though that 325 sucked.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
745 Posts
the new rzr xp turbo caught my eye the fact it has a "dual radiator, liquid charged cooling system" sounds unique and hopefully helps people with overheating issues. the 144hp also sounds nice.

·
Registered
7,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #331

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
the new rzr xp turbo caught my eye the fact it has a "dual radiator, liquid charged cooling system" sounds unique and hopefully helps people with overheating issues. the 144hp also sounds nice.
Wow liquid charged?

That must be ALOT better than ordinary non liquid coolant.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I'm sure one of the radiators is for cooling the air before it gets to the turbo.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I'm sure one of the radiators is for cooling the air before it gets to the turbo.

That would be an intercooler not a radiator.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
^ the muffler is at the back like the 550/850

·
Registered
574 Posts

The RZR has a oretty unique cooling system (actually it has 2 cooling systems), it has a radiator that cools coolant that gets pumped via an electric pump through the Liquid charge air cooler for the Boosted intake air.

THe radiator that cools the engine itself is completely separate

This explains it well --->

·
Registered
295 Posts

The RZR has a oretty unique cooling system (actually it has 2 cooling systems), it has a radiator that cools coolant that gets pumped via an electric pump through the Liquid charge air cooler for the Boosted intake air.

THe radiator that cools the engine itself is completely separate
Yeah... it's called an intercooler. In this case, water-to-air intercooler. There is also an air-to-air intercooler.
Water to Air Vs Air to Air Intercooler | intercooler air water FMIC

It isn't in anyway a new or novel idea. Feels like a repeat of Harley selling their "Project Rushmore" BS about their "new" and "innovative" liquid cooled head. Just because its new to the brand, doesn't in anyway make it actually new.

·
Registered
479 Posts
321 - 340 of 340 Posts