Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys looking for something that would sound better than the stock can, something legal with a quiet core and something that would be effective with the RVS reflash. What are my options?

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Not a big gun.
I had a GSE but it now has a loose baffle inside and sounds buzzy, so now I have RJWC single with a quiet core on order.
The GSE performance pipe was slightly too loud for my liking, ringing ears after a while, but worked good mudding and keeping heat down.
I hope the RJWC strikes a good balance with sound and performance, with some combo of the quiet core/spark arrester.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Didn't they change the exhaust setup on the 17 Touring's? If so they may not make an exhaust for it yet, unless a aftermarket exhaust for the 850 Touring which is already setup that way will fit.

·
Registered
282 Posts
If you have the RVS ECU flash you shouldn't need a fuel controller. I talked to Ryan the other day and he said you can still leave it on and tune it to your liking even though he has remapped the fueling on the ECU. I have an RJWC right now and i will admit its a little loud. I am going to look into to the quiet core and see if that will still give me the sound im looking for but without the ringing ears.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you have the RVS ECU flash you shouldn't need a fuel controller. I talked to Ryan the other day and he said you can still leave it on and tune it to your liking even though he has remapped the fueling on the ECU. I have an RJWC right now and i will admit its a little loud. I am going to look into to the quiet core and see if that will still give me the sound im looking for but without the ringing ears.
Good to know thanks!

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
How much was the RJWC? Is that just a slip on? Also did you buy a fuel controller?
700 range USD, single slip on (mud series) with a controller and quiet core from performance powersports of houma,LA

·
Registered
534 Posts
Look up fitment issues and poor customer service from RJWC from last year.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Not a big gun.
I had a GSE but it now has a loose baffle inside and sounds buzzy, so now I have RJWC single with a quiet core on order.
The GSE performance pipe was slightly too loud for my liking, ringing ears after a while, but worked good mudding and keeping heat down.
I hope the RJWC strikes a good balance with sound and performance, with some combo of the quiet core/spark arrester.
let us know how the rjwc with a quiet core compares to the gse for noise, I really like the sound of my gse but it does actually seem loud while on the machine , to loud for 3 to 4 hour runs really

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I didn't realize I already started a thread on this! So does HMF have a full system for the Touring? I can't find anything on the website..

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I sent out my ECU to RVS Performance and ordered the Stage 2. Now the hard part picking out an exhaust. There doesn't seem to be many options for a 2017 1000 Touring. Should I get a slip on or what would you guys recommend. All I see that's available for the Touring is a Big Gun or GSE. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Anyone run HMF exhaust? Full system or slip on?

Or a GSE Trail Tamer? The GSE has a very nice deep rumble to it which I really like...

·
Premium Member
1,220 Posts
why not to try that gse ?

I've got Hot Seat - it's loud and I don't care about that... when I need quiet I put stock back on... that gse TT might be a good choice :nerd

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've got Hot Seat - it's loud and I don't care about that... when I need quiet I put stock back on... that gse TT might be a good choice :nerd
The Hot Seat exhaust does sound really good too! Anyone know how many DB the stock mufflers are rated at? I think Hot Seat was saying only 96db.

·
Premium Member
1,220 Posts
Don't forget some aftermatket need to be repacked... can't help you with db's ... also spark arestor alowed me to ride in KY state park...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts