Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I just bought a slightly used 1000XP Here in the UK. It is EU homologated as a tractor (T3) and has a 60 kph/37mph speed limiter. Any clues on how to lift this limit, or is it a dealer only job?

If I cannot raise the limit myself, any ideas where the speed sensor is, and will disconnecting it make any important differences - other than hopefully eliminating the limiter...

Cheers

Chris

·
8,904 Posts
Hi all. I just bought a slightly used 1000XP Here in the UK. It is EU homologated as a tractor (T3) and has a 60 kph/37mph speed limiter. Any clues on how to lift this limit, or is it a dealer only job?

If I cannot raise the limit myself, any ideas where the speed sensor is, and will disconnecting it make any important differences - other than hopefully eliminating the limiter...

Cheers

Chris
It being an EU requirement I doubt the dealer would be allowed to change it.
There is a recent thread on here somewhere of a guy in Norway I think on the same subject. He got some info about an add-on to fool the speedo but it also makes the speedo read wrong.
Here is a link I found with a quick search that will reprogram the ECU to take the limiter off.

https://www.haldexrepairs.co.uk/shop/ecu-repair-services/polaris-speed-limiter-removal-service/

·
8,904 Posts
Can't you just flash the ECU? its like 300-500$.
Yep, the link I gave him is for just that. That place advertises that they will reprogram his ECU to take the EU mandated low speed 37 mph speed limiter function out. The EU mandates the limiter to classify his machine as a "tractor''. The add says they charge 187.75 British pounds. That is around $231 U.S. dollars according to my calculator.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys guys. I asked the (official Polaris) dealer who says that they are not able to lift the limiter.

I had already found the link to the form that can remove the limiter. Their blurb says that they need to open the ECU to do it - which will then invalidate the warranty - so I am not keen on that solution.

Simply disconnecting the speedo transducer causes limp mode and the MIL light. I have ordered a Healtech SpeedoHealer which claims to lift the limit - by modifying the speed signal and lying to the ECU.

Thanks again

Chris

·
Premium Member
7,483 Posts
I know you can order a separate ECU from RVSPerformance. This way you can have all the benefits of a tuner ECU while keeping your factory ECU intact and untouched.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have EU homologated 2018 limited 80kph ,living in belgium ,mine does not have any limitation. dealer says you have to cut something out of the harness. module, and I thought us software in ecu . 100% sure you have to cut something out of the wire harness

·
Registered
11 Posts
Probably a different model, sold as L7 instead of T3. But that's my understanding as well, there's a circuit in the wire harness that can be cut.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts