Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just had my bike noticing a lot of snapping noises coming from front diff / clutch area. Anyone else has this or any thoughts on what it could be I thought maybe just the u joints or shaft while I'm climbing obstacles like large rock dirt mounds or logs but have been noticing it when I let off the throttle any help would be great. Thanks again PS happy fathers day to all the dads out there .

·
Registered
47 Posts
Did you change the factory tire size to something bigger or more aggressive?

I own a 2017 450 as well and I noticed those tires don't look stock. I know that the belt should still be fine unless you have over several thousand miles on it. I carry a spare belt in case, but my friends who own Polaris say the belts last a long time unless you really push it hard.

I was just wondering if you did oversize the tires did you do a clutch mod too? If not then that could explain the belt slapping and/or wearing out sooner.

The reason I'm asking/mentioning this is I was planning on oversizing and making them more aggressive my tires a bit.

Just to let you know they do make noises when you slow down below a certain speed and it startled me the first time I heard it too. I checked with the dealer at my first and was told it is normal cause they checked it.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Hey guys just had my bike noticing a lot of snapping noises coming from front diff / clutch area. Anyone else has this or any thoughts on what it could be I thought maybe just the u joints or shaft while I'm climbing obstacles like large rock dirt mounds or logs but have been noticing it when I let off the throttle any help would be great. Thanks again PS happy fathers day to all the dads out there .
If you mean clunking noises when off and on the throttle again,? on sportsmans 450- 570 its unfortunately normal noise, dealer calls it transmission backlash noise from tranny internals.
On our 570 2016 it was really bad when new but now is pretty quiet fortunately !

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
if you search the forums you will find a ton of posts about this, and i mean a ton, i'm not Clunking around, lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts