Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The display on my new 2017 Sportsman 570 flickers off and on while driving.
When in park it displays normal as it should.
Could this be a charging problem?
I am taking it to the dealer for repair, just wondering if anyone might have an idea about what the problem might be.
Thanks

·
Registered
146 Posts
Possibly the connection behind the gauge itself, also check the fuse block and see if the speedo fuse has worked its way loose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,445 Posts
If it's not throwing a code, I'd be its a loose connection as indicated above.

·
Registered
229 Posts
HTML:
I am taking it to the dealer for repair.
I just bought it Saturday with the 5 year extended warranty.
Thanks For Your Reply.
Hopefully it's something simple as a loose connection. I just watch a YouTube video on how to remove your display unit - looks like 30 second job - but if you rather take it in to the dealership for them to look over - go for it.

This is one of those situation where you do and don't want something major to fix. (Yes because you have warranty and No if it's a 30 second fix and you hauled that Brand New Bike to the dealership for nothing).

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am taking it to the dealer for repair.
I just bought it Saturday with the 5 year extended warranty.
Thanks For Your Reply.
Good luck! Hope you get it figured out. Those 570's look nice. So far in 237.5 hours my display hasn't given me any problems...knock on wood.

Attachments

·
Registered
719 Posts
I realize its a new machine ,but To save the hassle of taking it to the dealer ,why not just take a few minutes & pop the pod off to checkyour connections? As others have said ,,,its possible its just a loose connection.And besides that,,,its always a good ideal to learn your machine.I cant tell you how many guys I run into on the trail that are absolutly clueless on how to get to a fuse box ,belt, airfilter. One guy (swear to god) did not know how to take his seat off:eek

·
Registered
229 Posts
That's why I'm checking every bolt, screw, connection myself while I have the bike jacked up ready for some new tires/wheels ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
7,445 Posts
Good call. There are a lot of complaints that could be avoided if the dealer did their predelivery inspection properly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello to all, my name is Gerhard and I´m from Austria. This is my first Thread in this forrm. I own a Sportsman 570 Touring, baught Dezember 2017.

I have the same Display Problems like the Thread Starter.

Which + Connection was loose? Direct on the Battery or the + connectin behind the Display?

Thank´s for your answer.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Hello to all, my name is Gerhard and I´m from Austria. This is my first Thread in this forrm. I own a Sportsman 570 Touring, baught Dezember 2017.

I have the same Display Problems like the Thread Starter.

Which + Connection was loose? Direct on the Battery or the + connectin behind the Display?

Thank´s for your answer.
Austria huh? Cool ,welcome to the forums.
Doesn't look like the OP is still around but it was his cable to the battery

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,

I want to let you know the fix for my Display and Battery Problems:

It was the winch whitch was permanant under voltage and was responsible for a permanent low battery. After Installation a Battery-Switch between winch and battery it`s all ok. The battery keeps the voltage. The winch can be switched on or off when it is required. There were no Display flickering since modification. I installed the battery Switch in the front Storage Space.

Greetings
Gerhard

·
Registered
7,445 Posts
Hello,

I want to let you know the fix for my Display and Battery Problems:

It was the winch whitch was permanant under voltage and was responsible for a permanent low battery. After Installation a Battery-Switch between winch and battery it`s all ok. The battery keeps the voltage. The winch can be switched on or off when it is required. There were no Display flickering since modification. I installed the battery Switch in the front Storage Space.

Greetings
Gerhard

Is this to say that the winch was drawing on the battery constantly? key on or off? If you don't mind me asking, which winch are you using and did you do the wiring yourself? Is your switch key on powered? meaning you have to have the machine on in order to run your winch. it sounds to me like you could have a faulty switch if you've got a constant power draw on the battery from the winch. Does your winch have a wireless remote switch? if so, that could be where the power draw is coming from too as it could be constantly looking for the wireless remote.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

the winch is an original Polaris Winch with synthetic rope and automatical shut down, installed by the Dealer.

The winch only works when the ingnition key is on. But the fat + an - cables and a little magnetical Switch (I think from the automatical shut down) are directly connected to the terminal Block under the front storage space. So the winch and the magnetical switch are permanent under voltage, no matter if the ingnition key is on or of.

Now i installed a main winch-switch between the terminal block and the winch (including magnetical Switch). So the winch only works if the main Switch is on. This Switch has no Impact bei driving my ATV.

Either the winch or the magnetical Switch are responsible for the emty battery. The winch and the automatical shut down are working fine bevore and after installing the Switch.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts