Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my plow installed on my new 2017 570 SP and everytime I winch the plow up or down i lose the lights on my gauge pod. Anyone experience this? I also noticed that the mode switches to the tach once in a while when plowing and using the winch. Its been tough to turn over the past few times ive ussed it. Could the battery be going bad after a couple hundred hours total on the machine? Can I put my trickle charger on the non sealed acid battery? I always did on my sealed batteries and this is my first non-sealed one.

thanks!

·
Registered
630 Posts
you need to upgrade battery to 20 series or add extra batt.

·
Premium Member
9,789 Posts
Sounds like the battery is the problem. Now it could just be that it sits, it's cold, and it's not running enough rpm when it's in use. So I would start by charging the battery. Once it's fully charged test the voltage across the terminals to verify your charging system is operating correctly.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I agree with Tony. You most likely need a better battery. As far as the pod switching to the tach, I am guessing you are hitting the yellow button and not realizing it while using your winch.

·
Super Moderator
7,033 Posts
Yes, you can put your trickle charger on it and give it a full charge. First, check to make sure the cells are full, and top them off with distilled water if they are not. Second, make sure all connections are clean and tight. Put it on the charger and give it a full charge. Remove it from the charger when topped off, and only reconnect to the charger if/when you notice a drop in voltage. Don't leave it on the charger full time unless you have a "smart" charger. Even then, I would only charge as needed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Put led bulbs in your headlights for some reason the 570 batterys can't take the heat in the kitchen with the halogen bulbs

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey thanks guys all great suggestions. My 570 has barely gotten any use since i bought it so im surprised the battery has already taken a beating. I'll throw it on the trickle charger (if i can get to the damn battery posts) tonight and see how it acts tomorrow. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
just my two cents ,
to charge a battery to the full you need a real charger,
to test your battery you need a load tester,

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Out of curiosity, have you checked the battery connection to verify they are tight?

Yes, battery tender that thing whenever it's not in use.... I still have the factory battery in my 2012, and use it for plowing - winching!

As mentioned by others.... look into LED light bulbs!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have the same exact problem with my 2018, everytime I use the plow the whole cluster goes out. That is after being on a charger too. I'm just dealing with it for now because I shouldn't have to replace a battery in a brand new machine when I put the polaris winch on it, it should be made to take it otherwise it should come with an upgraded battery in the kit.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Just curious while on this topic, how much strain does the winch put on the battery when raising and lowering the plow? My battery is stock and granted we haven't had hardly any snow in Indiana the last two years since I've owned it. With my long drive (600 foot) I drop the blade and make a pass. Lift for a second at the end then drop it back down. Never noticed a problem but assumed that using the winch when plowing would be a very light use compared to what most winches go through pull stuff. Surprised the stock battery and electrical system can't always handle it??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts