Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first let me start by saying my experience (I thought) was extremely limited (ride street bikes, dirtbikes and sport quads) Many guys chimed in on my previous posts and I'm glad I listened. I thought a 570 premium would have sufficed... after my first trsil ride on the 850 I knew I made the right choice.

I'll jump right in, no first impressions.

My first turn onto the gravel trail head with, let's call it, a tap of throttle and she kicked sideways i was instantly happy with my decision. I shifted my weight and stayed in the throttle and fish tailed for a few hundred feet, I was laughing my ass off, it was just as easy as a raptor.

I've seen people mention the smooth ride of the 850s but holy crap! Its my first ride so I'm taking it easy, seeing how the suspension articulates when the trail gets sketchy. I pull up on a "bead breaker" rock followed by a 2foot drop and i used some 4 letter words. This rock was in a terrible spot, you couldn't go around it and the trail edge was too steep and I feared a rollover. I kept the wheels straight and rolled towards ghe top and goosed it (thinking keep the front light) well she wheelied and cleared the rock, landed at the bottom of the depression like she wasn't even breaking a sweat. It cleared other obstacles i was worried about so effortlessly i gained confidence very quickly.

We finally got out of the technical bit and I opened her up for the fist time. That twin screaming at full throttle is a hoot and it feels like it never stops pulling.

I was surprised how easy it is to drive fast and how easy it is to drift with EPS at 35-45mph.

No deep mud this ride, a few puddles maybe floorboards deep but I purposely avoided bogs, im.on stock tires plus turning over in mud with nothing around to winch to would be a bad day. And an especially bad first ride.

Getting her home i washed it and no leaks, broken joints or torn boots! Bonus! I was actually worried because I thought I was a bit rough on her but she took it in stride. These things are so easy to ride i see how a less than experienced rider can get themselves hurt EASY or break something not realizing what your asking the suspension to do.

I thought one guy was crazy telling me to buy a 1000. It wasn't even an option for me. NOW I'm not saying thr 850 doesn't have enough power, far from it but I think a 1000 would be a BLAST. Totally happy with the 850 though.

·
10,591 Posts
LOL... Yep, since getting the 1000 my cheeks get sore from grinning so much and I have to carry toothpicks to keep the bugs out of my teeth. (y)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts