Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my kids a brand new Phoenix and it is great until they try to go up a steep hill or a jump. Then it makes a horrible grinding noise. Does anyone know what this could be? Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
2,959 Posts
Shaft drive right?

Belt slipping?
Hubs are tight on rear axle?
Tires are not spinning on bead?

I put new tires on my Honda 300. When going up a hill there was a God awful grinding noise from rear. I thought it was something major. Turns out one tire the bead was not seated and it was the tire turning on the rim!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you ever get this answered/fixed. Just bought a 2018 for my sone and same thing. Great until hit a jump or up hill where bouncing around. Kind of like it’s coming out of gear or something. Thank you. Keith

·
Registered
2 Posts
The dealer looked over everything and after a bunch of back and forth said it was normal and not to worry about it. We've just dealt with the noise. My son has learned to control the throttle on jumps to minimize it but it's still an issue going up a bumpy hill.

I recently changed the transmission AGL fluid and have not noticed it however I don't think that made a difference. I would be interested to know if anyone else has found a solution.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The dealer looked over everything and after a bunch of back and forth said it was normal and not to worry about it. We've just dealt with the noise. My son has learned to control the throttle on jumps to minimize it but it's still an issue going up a bumpy hill.

I recently changed the transmission AGL fluid and have not noticed it however I don't think that made a difference. I would be interested to know if anyone else has found a solution.
What was the cause of the problem. I have the same machine with the same problem..

·
Registered
3 Posts

Thank you. Mine is at the dealer now.. Ill let you know if they fix the issue and what the issue was, as soon as I get it back..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts