Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed battery out...new one is fully charged. Checked all connections, and fuses. All is good. Put key in, no power at all...zero. I have read through previous threads on this, tried and/or did all the recommendations on those threads. Can't figure it out. This 4 wheeler is not ridden often, but is garage kept and probably has less than 30 total hours on it. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
10,359 Posts
Make sure the kill switch on the left side of the handle bars is not in the "off" position.

·
Registered
9,466 Posts
The battery is dead, wired incorrectly or a safety device has opened

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate it guys...I've checked all that. I put my charger on my battery, but it shows full charge. I've checked everything I know to check. What do you mean by "safety device has opened"?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the key turned on....if I continuously slide engine run/off switch back and forth, occasionally screen will flicker with power...does that mean a short or corrosion in switch?

·
Premium Member
10,359 Posts
Sounds like your kill switch is bad. Check the connections at the switch and make sure they aren't corroded.

·
Registered
9,466 Posts
Since you got a flicker playing with the kill switch, you need to do some diagnostics;

Remove plug 1 (lower one in above pic) and check for 12v+ on the red/blk wire

If there is 12v on the red/blk wire, unplug plug 2 and jump the red/blk to the orange wire - if things start working, repair the connections on the plugs and sockets or replace the LH switch assy.

If there is not 12v on the red/blk wire - let me know and I'll suggest the next test.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts