Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, new to the forum here. I have a 2017 Polaris Sportsman 850 SP, and I'm looking to add a rotopax (4 gallon - 2x 2 gallon combo) to the front rack (which is the lid of the integrated front storage). I have an ultimate series cargo box on the back, which is why I'm looking to mount on the front. The front box lid does have 2 lock and ride holes on it.

I'm curious if anyone has tried to mount the rotopax universal mounting plate using those lock and ride holes on the front box, and if there is a lock and ride anchor that could accommodate. I've seen numerous lock and ride anchors with eye bolts, knobs, levers, etc. However, I would need a lock and ride anchor that just has a standard bolt head to tighten because the rotopax cans mount flush to the mounting plate. I can't have a knob or eye bolt sticking up. I also have an ultimate series front rack extension on the front box, so I'm not sure if that would interfere with mounting the cans or not, will need to measure.

The lock and ride holes are spaced at about 23.5" apart, so I might need to drill some new holes in the actual mounting plate to line up properly, which is fine, I am trying to avoid drilling holes in the lid of my ATV. I just can't seem to find any lock and ride anchors that tighten using a standard bolt. This might all be a moot point if I find what I want to do won't fit, but figured I'd check to see if anyone has made, or know where to find lock and ride anchors that tighten from the top with a regular bolt head. Much thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts