Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will these fit? Bought a 1999 that has incorrect wheels installed, valve stems on inside of rear wheel. Found these on Craigslist.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim

Rectangle Font Circle Pattern Parallel

Head Rectangle Font Magenta Circle

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I don't understand why from the factory there are different sized tires on the front and rear (23" vs 24"). Don't the F & R tires need to be the same size when using 4X4?

·
Registered
2022 Highlifter 850 w/Camco X4s
301 Posts
I don't understand why from the factory there are different sized tires on the front and rear (23" vs 24"). Don't the F & R tires need to be the same size when using 4X4?
They need to be the same diameter, not the same size.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
They need to be the same diameter, not the same size.
Thanks for your reply. I understand the front and rear are different widths, but according Polaris, and what is currently installed on my 99 Sportsman 335, the front is a 23" diameter and the rear is 24". Is the gearing adjusted in the trans to accommodate the different tire diameter? If so, I would not be able to use the same diameter on my replacement tires/wheels.

·
Registered
2022 Highlifter 850 w/Camco X4s
301 Posts
I see what you're saying now. I'd ASSume they did a gearing adjustment to compensate. I've never seen that before.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The 1999 Polaris Sportsman/Worker 335 used gearcase p/n 1341255 which only fits the 99 335's. The gearcase is built to accommodate 1" smaller diameter tires on the front. Apparently, using the same diameter tires on the 335 will cause issues.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
* UPDATE * Wheels from a 2017 Ranger 900 XP do not fit a Sportsman 335. Offset is wrong, rim too close to strut. Also, the wheels require automotive style lug nuts (centering), the 335 uses flat nuts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts