Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on the 570 forum and no answer, I thought I might get more info here.
On my wife's 570 with ESP both the engine light and ESP light came on during riding. She stopped and turned it off and it restarted fine and both lights came on again after a little while. I also notice the gear indicator was gone just a horizontal line there. Passing the yellow button also would not page through the display or do anything.
We turned around to be safe. It did it one more time on way back. Again turning off and restarting made lights go off. On the last bit back to the trailer she noticed the engine light flickered a couple of times but did not stay on just the ESP light did.
I monitored battery voltage and took it for a short ride. The voltage seemed fine around 13-14 volts.
I have not had a chance to look at it yet. Any ideas where to start?

A little info the Voltage regulator went bad last year, it was going over voltage.
Battery is new AMG, I checked all connections everything looks good.
I did get the code 520226 when just the EPS light went on. Then later it did both lights and could not read codes.

Also I have 2 so if you have ideas what to swap to test I am open to ideas.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I put the ECU from the "bad" machine into the "good" one. The problem did not seem to follow. I might take it for a longer ride to double check.
Next think maybe put the voltage regulator from the "good" machine into bad machine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had the exact same issue with mine...have you figured out what it is? Sometimes it won't do it for 3 to 4 rides averaging 20-30 kms per ride. Then it will do it 2-3 times in one weekend. Engine temperature nor going through water do not seem to be a factor. I ve had it happen a couple minutes after initial start and other instances when we've been riding for an hour. I get the same codes you mention associated with the ps and check engine lights as well as the _- - - - -
lines across the bottom of the cluster. In all instances, I turn the machine off and back on and the issue is gone. Very sporadic occurrence. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Cheers!

·
Premium Member
7,683 Posts
Get a voltage reading!!

·
Premium Member
7,683 Posts
I put the ECU from the "bad" machine into the "good" one. The problem did not seem to follow. I might take it for a longer ride to double check.
Next think maybe put the voltage regulator from the "good" machine into bad machine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Keep us posted on the ECU swap.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update on mine I swapped the CPU’s and both machine are running fine.
Only thing I can think of was there was a bad connection somewhere. With me unplug and plugging things it might of fixed it.

Really not happy with out a real answer but they both seem to be working now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts