Polaris ATV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

2017 Polairs Sportsman 570 vs 2016 Rzr 1000 Xp. The Sportsman 570 has to be one of the most impressive Atvs in its price point. Overall performance and handling is a 10/10. The Sportsman line up has only gotten better with each generation! Thanks for Watching!

·
Super Moderator
7,182 Posts
Shouldn't this be rzr vs rzr ?
Yeah its just showing the power of the 570. We all know the Rzr was going to win lol
Why not Rzr and a 850 or a Scrambler 1000s:devil
The results wouldn't be much different. The 570 is a pretty impressive machine, despite the denial of the big bore crowd. I didn't believe it either until I actually compared my wife's 570 to my 850. 0-30 it will run side by side with them, and who cares beyond that. Obviously, if running 60+ mph is important to you, a big bore would be your choice. If off roading and trail riding is your thing, which is what utility atv's are all about anyway, the 570 is the equal to the big bores unless you get into deep snow. I like that the video puts the 570 against the 1000. It shows the bottom end performance of the 570 compared to the biggest of the big bores.

·
Super Moderator
7,182 Posts
Why not 570 and 1000. Both atv's. And run em up all the way to top end. Few hundred feet will not tell the tale. 1000 will hurt the 570 big time!
I would certainly hope so... Nearly twice the engine, half again the price, you better get an advantage somewhere. Put them head to head trail riding and there would be very little to no advantage (depending on the trail) to all the extra engine and money. :wink

Reactions: cariboo

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBmUAvAsjW4

2017 Polairs Sportsman 570 vs 2016 Rzr 1000 Xp. The Sportsman 570 has to be one of the most impressive Atvs in its price point. Overall performance and handling is a 10/10. The Sportsman line up has only gotten better with each generation! Thanks for Watching!
Let me know next time you get out to the spillway. I'll bring the Scrambler out and see what she can do.

·
Banned
2,959 Posts
Yeah its just showing the power of the 570. We all know the Rzr was going to win lol
The results wouldn't be much different. The 570 is a pretty impressive machine, despite the denial of the big bore crowd. I didn't believe it either until I actually compared my wife's 570 to my 850. 0-30 it will run side by side with them, and who cares beyond that. Obviously, if running 60+ mph is important to you, a big bore would be your choice. If off roading and trail riding is your thing, which is what utility atv's are all about anyway, the 570 is the equal to the big bores unless you get into deep snow. I like that the video puts the 570 against the 1000. It shows the bottom end performance of the 570 compared to the biggest of the big bores.
0-30?
After that I care and many others do too. If you don't that's OK.
I love the fact that I can't just wack the throttle anytime. I love the thrill. 570 just won't do that for me.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I own both and have ran them against each other, the 1000 absolutely destroys the 570 its not even close lol.

Reactions: aknawful

·
Registered
179 Posts
I not impressed with a 570 Polaris but I have a 1000s Scrambler and a Outlander 1000s . I Know a 570 will not stay with a Scrambler from a dead stop.:devil

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBmUAvAsjW4

Let me know next time you get out to the spillway. I'll bring the Scrambler out and see what she can do.
Will do. Send me your cell and ill shoot you a text next time we go out there :fing02:

·
Super Moderator
7,182 Posts
I'm sure the 570s are great quads you guys don't need to try and bash the big bores just to make yourselves feel better who races to 30 mph anyways lol.
Nope, not bashing the big bores. I've owned a couple, and am well familiar with them. As for your comment, "who races to 30", who races utility quads? That's not racing. If you want to actually race, you would be on a sport quad. :) My whole point was, for actual trail riding, with very few exceptions, the 570 turns out to be as capable as the big bores that cost thousands more $$$$. If you are a road rider, I can see how the ability to go fast may appeal to you. Where I ride, there's not many opportunities to even see 20 mph. Who can go the fastest, who can get to 50-60 the fastest, who cares??? :grin

Reactions: cariboo

·
Banned
2,959 Posts
I'm sure the 570s are great quads you guys don't need to try and bash the big bores just to make yourselves feel better who races to 30 mph anyways lol.
Nope, not bashing the big bores. I've owned a couple, and am well familiar with them. As for your comment, "who races to 30", who races utility quads? That's not racing. If you want to actually race, you would be on a sport quad. :) My whole point was, for actual trail riding, with very few exceptions, the 570 turns out to be as capable as the big bores that cost thousands more $$$$. If you are a road rider, I can see how the ability to go fast may appeal to you. Where I ride, there's not many opportunities to even see 20 mph. Who can go the fastest, who can get to 50-60 the fastest, who cares??? :grin
We all own utility quads and we race all the time. Not drag racing or anything. But corner to corner, catch up and splash someone, etc.
I had a race quad....useless. My outlander is faster, has better suspension, 4x4, huge bag with all my gear, 4 gallons of gas on front, windshield from fall to spring and mud protection all to boot.
I really don't care it does 130kmh but I love to get to 100kmh as quick as possible. I love the ability to cruise 1/4 throttle at 80kmh. Climbing Hills, snow, I never lack hp. I don't go over 1/2 throttle all that often for long periods but it's there when I need it!
Truth be told the 1000 does everything better. It's heavier and a bit larger. It cost more but it's more equipped. Fuel mileage you'd be suprised. Many times I get way better fuel mileage than smaller bikes.
570 is a great bike. 1000 is just better!

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Who races utility quads? The factory Can Am and Polaris race teams. GNCC actually runs a few classes of utility quads, my local series and many others have created classes just for utility quads because of the turn out. A lot of performance quad guys have made the switch to the big bore utility quads because they do everything well.

I would personally rather pay the extra thousands and have a machine that can do it all vs the limited uses of the 570. I can go just as slow as a 570 on my 1000, but a 570 can't go just as fast as a 1000. I can also climb hills way better being I have the extra torque, I'm faster at the dunes, I can pop the front end up and over trail obstacles at cruising speed...the list goes on, and on, and on.

The 570 is a great machine, it's just not for me. I have a feeling the 570 is what the wife will end up with...just have to choose between the RZR or Sportsman.

·
Super Moderator
7,182 Posts
Glad you guys are happy with your machines. Sounds like they are a good fit for how/where you ride. Out here, you wouldn't go anywhere I couldn't go, and you wouldn't get there any faster than I would. Guess the definition of "better" is subjective. I had a lot of people try to tell me when I was shopping for my 5th wheel that the more it cost, the "better" the 5th wheel would be. LOL That's just not always the case. Same applies here. That makes all the extra money spent on a big machine a waste of money for me. That's the reason I bought a 570 and not another 850. Now I just need to make more time to get out and ride it.

Reactions: 7970

·
Banned
2,959 Posts
Well I disagree. A 1000 is more $ because it is better than a 570. End of discussion.
You get more of everything. If you seriously don't see that then I have no idea what to tell you! You are just blind I guess. 570 is a fine bike when trouble free. I'd own one. But I'd rather have a 1000.

Comparing a 5th wheel to an atv? Not the same.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.