Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 sportsman 850 and 2006 sportsman 500 ho
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking to do the radiator relocation as well as add a snorkel kit to my base 850 however I don’t like the looks of the snorkels being off to the sides. Does anyone know of any kids for radiator as well as snorkels that go together where I can center them up on my quad?

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
13,338 Posts
It's because your battery is in the center and there's no room to run the tubes to get to the snorkels only way around that is to move the battery

Reactions: Heavy_GD and MrEd

·
Premium Member
2017 Sportsman 850SP
2,445 Posts
I’m looking to do the radiator relocation as well as add a snorkel kit to my base 850 however I don’t like the looks of the snorkels being off to the sides. Does anyone know of any kids for radiator as well as snorkels that go together where I can center them up on my quad?
Bad idea! These machines aren't meant to be used as swamp machines. You should really consider getting a Highlifter that is designed for the mud with a proper snorkel, rad relocate and transmission gearing.

To get the snorkels up the centre, once you do your rad relocate, you will need to do a battery relocate. You will likely need to modify the rad relocate kit mounting to give room in front of the headlight pod. I don't know of any battery relocate kits for these models, so that might be custom. You can then get a snorkel kit form SYA or Triangle ATV and hack it up to make it work in the centre.

Don't forget to dielectric ALL of your electrical connections, spark plug wires and fuse box, seal up your air box and air box filter lid, seal up your clutch cover to the transmission (it will leak), get a new clutch cover gasket (2010-2019 SCRAMBLER/SPORTSMAN CVT+AIRBOX COMBO | OutsidersMoCo) or use silicone to seal it up, pray to the mud gods and hope for the best.

Good luck!

Reactions: FPD218
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.