Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plow with this machine, it starts with no issue but when I start plowing it stalls everytime I stop. I have to give it throttle to get to fire back up and to keep it going because it idles down to low and quits. Anyone else have this issue and found the problem? Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
Check the throttle safety switch.

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
How did you bypass it? With the electronics, I would think it would be better to check it and adjust it correctly if it's out of spec. Computers are great for the EFI and other controls, but it only takes one signal it doesn't like from a sensor to piss off the ECU. Do you have any trouble codes?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have any codes. I bypassed the safety switch by putting a piece of plastic between the contacts so they couldn't touch.

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
Ok, that should work in theory......Was it out of adjustment or was there clearance? No codes is a puzzle...If the idle drops that far, it should have set a trouble code. Might be time to take it to the dealership and have it plugged in to the diagnostics.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did need to adjust the cable, the contacts looked like they where touching but it ran so they must not have been. I put the plastic between them to insure they wouldn't. The engine light does come on but just for a second and goes back off. Your right about puzzling. I did switch to a lithium battery this summer but ran fine in the warmer weather. I keep it on a battery tender so it's fully charged but sounds weak starting it.

·
10,595 Posts
I did need to adjust the cable, the contacts looked like they where touching but it ran so they must not have been. I put the plastic between them to insure they wouldn't. The engine light does come on but just for a second and goes back off. Your right about puzzling. I did switch to a lithium battery this summer but ran fine in the warmer weather. I keep it on a battery tender so it's fully charged but sounds weak starting it.
That sorta sounds like a bad connection or bad grounding.

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
Next step then would be check your connections and test the battery. I know it isn't that old, but gotta make sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts