Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm new to the forum and still figuring where to post my query. I want to buy some replacement plugs for my 2018 450 HO and prefer to get NGK, but don't know their part #'s. I've been reading on forums that a lot of riders/owners prefer NGK, and I've not heard great things about Polaris' factory plugs. I've got one starting to foul now but still have a factory replacement until I can find the NGK's. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
The std plug is BKR6E and the EIX is the Iridium version - the 7 is one heat range colder - I consulted with NGK also and Richard suggested the 6 as an equivalent for the OEM Autolite 5923 - a colder plug won't hurt anything but could be more prone to fouling as compared to the 6

·
Registered
917 Posts
D
The std plug is BKR6E and the EIX is the Iridium version - the 7 is one heat range colder - I consulted with NGK also and Richard suggested the 6 as an equivalent for the OEM Autolite 5923 - a colder plug won't hurt anything but could be more prone to fouling as compared to the 6
Don’t remember the the NGK tech’s name but he did recommend the BKR7EIX to me over the BKR6EIX. Sounds like NGK in-house fighting!
Just might return those 7’s for the 6. Why take a chance on a fouled plug!!!

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
It's just a matter of heat range - 7 is just a greater chance of fouling unless the engine is to full operating temp each time it's run - 7 being colder just means it needs to run longer after the engine reaches operating temp to burn the electrodes clean.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello. I'm new to the forum and still figuring where to post my query. I want to buy some replacement plugs for my 2018 450 HO and prefer to get NGK, but don't know their part #'s. I've been reading on forums that a lot of riders/owners prefer NGK, and I've not heard great things about Polaris' factory plugs. I've got one starting to foul now but still have a factory replacement until I can find the NGK's. Any help is appreciated.
It's just a matter of heat range - 7 is just a greater chance of fouling unless the engine is to full operating temp each time it's run - 7 being colder just means it needs to run longer after the engine reaches operating temp to burn the electrodes clean.
Thank you, sir! I'll go see if I can find a couple locally tomorrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts