Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as most know the power steering on the 570 SP (at least some years) is garbage on pavement when in 4x4. I was looking into a denali plow for it but don't want to bother if the power steering won't work. Has anyone plowed with a 570SP? any issues?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I don't know anything about the SP, but I have Moose Utility plow on a 2016 570EPS and I have no problems with it in 2 or 4 wheel drive. I can feel the weight on the power steering, but I have no issues driving and maneuvering.

·
Registered
202 Posts
So as most know the power steering on the 570 SP (at least some years) is garbage on pavement when in 4x4. I was looking into a denali plow for it but don't want to bother if the power steering won't work. Has anyone plowed with a 570SP? any issues?
I have the Polaris plow system and on the 2015 the power steering sucks and the weight of the plow makes it non ps

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I have the Polaris plow system and on the 2015 the power steering sucks and the weight of the plow makes it non ps

So is it worthwhile? I can’t put a plow on my truck and would rather not snowblow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
202 Posts

So is it worthwhile? I can’t put a plow on my truck and would rather not snowblow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Even though the ps sucks on my 2015 I still can plow with it. You have to remember the pavement is snow covered so slippery and even after you plow the pavement still has a light covering of frozen stuff. It reminds me my old 500 that had manual steering. A litter tougher but still doable unless you are physically impaired. Where I hate it is in the summer where I still use the plow once in a while to push dirt etc.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I don't know if we have different machines but i have no problem with the PS at all and i plow a lot with a 2015 570

·
Registered
202 Posts
I don't know if we have different machines but i have no problem with the PS at all and i plow a lot with a 2015 570
Like I said I don’t either plowing in the winter. Try it in the summer with the plow on or off. You can hardly turn it on my concrete drive in 4 x 4 mode. I guess what po’s me is the 570sp is about 1500 more and when in all Reality it operates 90% of the time like a manual unit. It’s not what they claim it to be.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have a 2018 570 SP with plow. No issues plowing. I know what you mean with the powering steering, it does not work as well in 4wd.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Pump your front tires up to at least 10 PSI with the plow. On a slick snowy surface, it will still turn easy with power steering. Of coarse it will not turn good on dry pavement. Snow won't be a problem.

D

·
Registered
315 Posts
Maybe its a case of "you don't know what your missing" but I have never road a machine with power steering (quads and snowmobiles). I plow every year with my base model 570 and don't feel the need for power steering.

·
Registered
202 Posts
You’re right. If I’d known what a inferior ps Polaris had I’d have used the money and bought a 800 or as you bought the plain 570 and left the money in the bank.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts