Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought this used with only 10.2 miles on it. Getting close to being ready for it's first ride this weekend. I'll see how it does with these tires and decide on a gear reduction, tune & clutching. Wanted to at least break in the belt before I tore it apart, well, other than fabricating a lift kit, lol. In the picture below it has the 32" Intimidators on it, but not the lift so the jack is holding it at what I planned the static ride height to be. Lift is all built now and suspension cycled to check clearances. I have the lift kit removed now so I can bead blast it and paint the parts tonight before the final assembly. I'll post up some more pics after I get the parts painted up and re-installed.

View attachment 135969

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
So, this forum is so dead I thought it’s time to post up some more pics and build details Of my 2018 900XP. Bought it used with 10.2 miles on it. When I bought it, it already had the rear rack & fuel packs, roof, windshield, rock sliders, battery charging quick connection, rear view mirrors, & a winch mount, but no winch. They also included a Polaris instrument/gauge that is full color, has multiple different screens including diagnostics, built in GPS & maps, bluetooth & USB connectivity, but it wasn’t installed, so I did that right away. The next other of business was to peel off all the warning stickers as well as the ugly green graphics.

Next I added a 4,000# winch with synthetic rope & both the rocker switch & corded remote control. Then I added a front bumper as the radiator looked pretty vulnerable. I noticed the front fender flares didn’t actually clear the rock sliders though and they were just pulled out and forward of the rear mounting hole so I did a little fender trimming to clear them And reattach the lower fender flare to the body. I decided to see how the 30” Outlaw 2’s from my Sportsman fit, and surprisingly the rears cleared easily at full stuff, but the fronts needed about 1.5” of lift so I was thinking, if I’m going to make a lift...... I tried cycling the suspension checking clearances and at what point the CV’s start to bind and figured out a 2” lift was ideal and should clear 32’s. Then on Alaska Day, Super ATV had free shipping to Alaska, so it would have been crazy not to order a set of 32” Intimidators! Then of course I needed wheels. I have the ITP 112’s on my 850 Sportsman, & ITP 212’s on my wife’s 570 Sportsman. Wanted something in a 7” that didn’t add much width overall. Ordered up a set of Moose wheels. Was really torn between getting blue vs silver. Turned out blues are back ordered everywhere so silver it is. Once the tires & wheels were mounted up it was time to fab up the lift. Ended up making it 3” in front & 2.5” rear. Planned to make it all bolt on, but just welding on to the rear control arms was a lot quicker. Only issue is I didn’t plan to do that so did not have velocity blue paint, nor does any local dealerships. So, Por 15 it was on all the parts. Anyway, on to the pictures.

Sway bars are also remove. Going to break it it in before the next mods, which will be a tune, gear reduction and clutching.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Looks like a pretty good project. Appears you have started with the 50" wide trail RZR and made a beast!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like a pretty good project. Appears you have started with the 50" wide trail RZR and made a beast!
Nope, not a RZR. It is an Ace 900XP. The 2017-19's are 59" wide stock. This measures out at 63" now but the body is narrow as it is a single seat machine.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Nope, not a RZR. It is an Ace 900XP. The 2017-19's are 59" wide stock. This measures out at 63" now but the body is narrow as it is a single seat machine.
Yep, obvious in the photo, but I missed the single seat part. The dealership where I work doesn't keep them on hand. Not much call for them around here. But we have sold all the RZR RS1 models we have gotten. Go figure......

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I rode an RS1 in the Glamis dunes back in May. If I lived down there that's the ride I'd have. Some of our trails here are tight and technical enough that SXS's sometimes are a bit cumbersome, so I wanted the smaller more nimble machine. Bought a '16 Ace 900SP and really liked it, but once I saw the '17+ models I really wanted to build one. I think this thing is going to be awesome. Only concern is if it turns out to be too tippy. I don't think it will be, but not going to be riding the mountains until the snow melts next year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts