Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a place for 2 of us to stay. Got a 5 hour ride in and have stayed at the Montague in the past but we've never done the snirt. Every place I've called about next years run was booked before last years wrapped up. Any suggestions out there for a place on the trail system where we can shower, eat, drink and sleep all in the same location?

·
Premium Member
9,942 Posts
So there are a few places that are accessable to you. Close stuff would be SSRT and bloody skillet. Also Majestic. Anthracite is HUGE. To your south is Hatfield & McCoy. To your north and highly recommended is Ride the Wilds in NH.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Much appreciated but I'm looking for suggestions for the Tug Hill area for the 2018 snirt run. And Anthracite is on the very near future "to do" list!

·
Premium Member
9,942 Posts
Ohh ok misunderstood. There are several B&B's that may not come up in a generic search.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, that NH tip looks like it may be a bucket list item, so again, much appreciated.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Any luck?
After hearing there are 3k riders, we backed out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No. Maybe next year.

·
Registered
428 Posts
A few of my riding friends and myself decided to go to SNIRT this year just a few days ago. Wound up getting a room in Watertown NY (Comfort Inn i believe). Have you ever done the run before? I personally have not but know a few that have and seem to like it.

http://www.sno-pals.com/2018snirt

·
Registered
42 Posts
Headwaters in Boonville had rooms left as of this morning 3/13 , 10 miles from the hill. As far as numbers go there are probably closer to 5000 machines on this ride , ride to the right with your lights on & wear a helmet also reg. & ins. , no permit needed for special events on the hill , there are sheriffs patroling with rzr's so don't ride like an idiot and all will be well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
snirt 2018

there have been as many a 8K machines on a snirt that has great weather.
There's lots of snow on the trails this year 2-3 ft + in places and that is not fun when you get in mile long traffic jams of stuck machines. We just got another 6" last night 4/17.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts