Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 18 sportsman 850, after owning for 6 months i developed a bad brake problem. The handle bar brake is soft and the brakes are working at maybe 50%. the back brake does not work at all, no pressure in the peddle. However when i depress the back brake pedal, i get full hard brakes on the handle bar brake, brakes work at 100%. I have tried vacuum bleeding each caliper, probably pulled all new fluid thru. Still the same problem. I just don't want to start replacing masters if i dont need to. The quad only has 280 miles on it. Is anyone having this problem or a similar one or have any suggestions on fixing??? Im having other issues with the quad as well that i will be posting in a different thread. Thank you for the help

·
Premium Member
10,359 Posts
Have you adjusted the pads??

·
Registered
347 Posts
Look for a leak in the rear brake caliper. It is on the right side. There is no caliper on the left.
I just started to have a brake problem and the RR shoe are gone.

Same bike and year but have 1842 miles

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have had the same problem with my 2018 sportsman 850. Im working on my 3rd set of brakes and i never use them lol. Well the front last it is the bake brakes that go fast. Check your bake brakes i bet they are gone and the front is fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts