Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Your rear brakes are not working properly. Refer to latebird’s first post. If you don’t believe us, then settle for your substandard rear brakes and hope that you never have to rely on them.
when i apply the hand brake it stop on the dime..the way it works is 60% front 40% rear ..google the owner manual like i said it explain it plain and simple..google 2021 sportmens 570 premium manual page 42 it right there

·
Registered
106 Posts
Seconded. No need to keep going, it either works and locks up the rear tires or it doesn’t. If it doesn’t go to the dealer or quick b*** about it. Brand new makes sense to just take it to the dealer and make them Bleed the system. Good luck. I think you should just return the atv now because if this is stumping you, just wait until you ride it and have a real problem. With use, these things break. That is the reality so if you can’t figure out the rear brake, you probably aren’t cut out for atv ownership. 😂😂😂. The other option is to budget double the price of the atv because the dealership is going to love you after every ride

·
Registered
11 Posts
Seconded. No need to keep going, it either works and locks up the rear tires or it doesn’t. If it doesn’t go to the dealer or quick b*** about it. Brand new makes sense to just take it to the dealer and make them Bleed the system. Good luck. I think you should just return the atv now because if this is stumping you, just wait until you ride it and have a real problem. With use, these things break. That is the reality so if you can’t figure out the rear brake, you probably aren’t cut out for atv ownership. 😂😂😂. The other option is to budget double the price of the atv because the dealership is going to love you after every ride
you are a idiot

·
Premium Member
2004 Polaris sportsman 700
207 Posts
There’s no excuse for poor grammar... you are AN idiot... 🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂
Come on.... you’re giving a new guy who wants to fix something himself shit for no reason. Obviously he should PROBABLY take it to the dealer because it’s so new, but he’s just diagnosing things right now. Ease up.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Come on.... you’re giving a new guy who wants to fix something himself shit for no reason. Obviously he should PROBABLY take it to the dealer because it’s so new, but he’s just diagnosing things right now. Ease up.
Fair enough. I don’t fault anyone for trying to learn and grow. It just seems to me that this has been discussed for well over a year without resolution so it shouldn’t take anyone that long to figure out that the rear brakes should work when you step on the brake pedal. Still makes me laugh. Enjoy riding but realize that when you ride these things they need maintenance and they also break.

·
Registered
106 Posts
when i apply the hand brake it stop on the dime..the way it works is 60% front 40% rear ..google the owner manual like i said it explain it plain and simple..google 2021 sportmens 570 premium manual page 42 it right there
It stops because your front brakes are working as intended. You still most likely need to bleed the rear brake line of air and add fluid so you don’t suck new air into the system.

·
Registered
106 Posts
you are a idiot
Out of respect for the fact that you are Here figuring it out, here’s a quick video showing you how to bleed the brakes. It should be the same on your machine. Don’t mess with the brake lever part because you said that is working. Key points to doing this:
1. Use a box wrench not pliers - you need to be able to open and quickly close this bleeder before it sucks air back into the system.
2. Depress the brake pedal then briefly crack open the bleeder and while still holding the pedal down close the bleeder. Extremely important.
3. Always check the fluid level in the tank under the seat and make sure it doesn’t get low before you start.
4. Repeat a few times until you get a straight shot of fluid coming out with no bubbles.
Here’s a link to the video I found.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Fair enough. I don’t fault anyone for trying to learn and grow. It just seems to me that this has been discussed for well over a year without resolution so it shouldn’t take anyone that long to figure out that the rear brakes should work when you step on the brake pedal. Still makes me laugh. Enjoy riding but realize that when you ride these things they need maintenance and they also break.
what are you talking about just posted something the first time in my life on this page two days ago

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think he’s referring to the overall issue not your individual case.
Correct. This has come up before and has been discussed on other threads too. It’s a routine maintenance item. I just think it’s funny that this topic came back up after if was thoroughly answered earlier on the same thread.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts