Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I purchased a brand new left-over 2018 Sportsman 850 Touring 2-up several months ago. Soon after she had surgery and who knows when the quad will actually be used. Would it be worth extending the factory warranty from 6 months?

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
My wife and I purchased a brand new left-over 2018 Sportsman 850 Touring 2-up several months ago. Soon after she had surgery and who knows when the quad will actually be used. Would it be worth extending the factory warranty from 6 months?
Extended warranties is kind of a touchy subject or a least they are to me. It's a gamble whether your going to need it or not. If your the type that's does not turn wrenches at all they may be worth getting a extended warranty. In my limited research the Polaris Sportsman engine and trans seem to be pretty bullet proof as in reliability goes.

Any manufacture can and does have lemons at times, but looking over all they are rare. Your going to have what I refer to as small things go out and that's with any ATV manufacture. I mean you type in what ever manufacture of your choice of ATV into Google and you'll see all kinds of problems pop up and you'll get a slew of problems with each manufacture. Another words I have yet to this day found a perfect ATV, motor vehicle, or whatever. There again I know people that can tear up a well made anvil and gripe it was not tough enough and dub it being cheap.

Sorry I could not be more helpful with your decision, but that's the way I see it.

Tony

·
Registered
82 Posts
I’m kinda with Tony on this one. My experience has been that for the most part atv’s are pretty bullet proof. If your not using yours much at the moment and your worried that once you start using it some bugs may surface, then you’d need to look at the cost benefit. What’s the cost for extended warranty vs repair of bugs. Likely any issues will be minor in nature (a wire rubbing against something and shorting out) unless you absolutely abuse the machine, but then you had it coming.

For what it’s worth, my final thought is don’t bother with the extended warranty.

·
9,448 Posts
Just my $.02... I don't do warranties of any kind but then I do all my own work too. I'd rather spend my money on parts and accessories than on a piece of paper that may or may not be worth the ink it cost to print it. :wink

1 - 4 of 4 Posts