Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for some recommendations for tires to use while doing some good rock climbing. Currently i have some Rip Saw RT tires 27x9 and 27x11's and took it out a few weekends ago with what I think was an okay result. just wasnt sure if there might be a radial option that works better for that type of terrain vs what I have. I also have the stock rims and CST 26" tires here as well. Was also thinking about mimicking the 1000s Scramber and running same size front and rear. THanks in advance for any input!

·
Premium Member
9,833 Posts
I think the Rips are a very good choice for the rocks.

Reactions: Litebulb

·
10,595 Posts
Ditch the sway bar. Put a set of 27.5 Pitbull Growlers on the stock rims and set your spring preload up about 2 or 3 notches all the way around according to your weight a preference. The machine will climb things you probably shouldn't be climbing If you're able to hang on it lol.
Clean out your spark arrestor too if you haven't already.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Ditch the sway bar. Put a set of 27.5 Pitbull Growlers on the stock rims and set your spring preload up about 2 or 3 notches all the way around according to your weight a preference. The machine will climb things you probably shouldn't be climbing If you're able to hang on it lol.
polman you still haven’t recovered from that spark arrestor have you o_O.

·
10,595 Posts
polman you still haven’t recovered from that spark arrestor have you o_O.
Hey, today was my first real trip out with it since unplugging my exhaust and the difference is amazing!!
I can be cruising along about 20-25 and punch it and it will lift the front wheels now. It always ran good but now its wicked fast.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Hey, today was my first real trip out with it since unplugging my exhaust and the difference is amazing!!
I can be cruising along about 20-25 and punch it and it will lift the front wheels now. It always ran good but now its wicked fast.
I get it. Similar to how I feel having to wear one of these stupid masks. Flow restrictive!!!😷

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I went up some things i probably shouldn't have been able too where my neighbor bailed fast while i was tethered to him. Im sitting at about 240lbs and currently the shocks are all on the middle setting. I figured i should turn them all the way up. Also considering the Elka stage 3 or highers but if i go to that extent i might as well sell this and get a 1000S. Also I'm assuming its the wheel tire combo but my top speed via display is 64mph, does that sound correct?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is a bit of my handywork playing rescue ranger with my buddy and his 570!
in his defense he had just the day before installed a 2" cup lift and well not good for climbing lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts