Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I have a newish 2018 Sportsman XP1K with 27" blackwater evos on it and i cannot get the damn thing to wheelie or lift the front end AT ALL, any suggestions? I was thinking of stiffening up the rear suspension so it wont squat as much, maybe will lift the front end then?

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Mine doesn't wheelie in the dirt just spins, but in performance mode, punch it on pavement and it will stand up. And that is with a full five gallon fuel tank on the front rack.

Reactions: skozie

·
Registered
45 Posts
I cant get my 850sp to stand up either but my 570 will go for a block. Seems odd but I guess I really didn't buy them to do that either.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
u need to soften rear suspension to wheelie,
but than when u hit a big hole at 60 mph it will bottom out ,
570 ' s have soft springs .

·
Registered
78 Posts
My copper xp will stand up at will if you throw back your weight as you nail it in performance mode and on pavement it’s effortless, the torque of 1000 cc is scary at times!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have head many people say stiffening the rear will make it wheelie more because it doesnt squat it lifts the front end instead no?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Why make the suspension softer though polman500, it just squats, if i make the rear stiffer will it not pick up the front instead of squatting? Lol.. might just try filling rear box with sand xD

·
11,155 Posts
Why make the suspension softer though polman500, it just squats, if i make the rear stiffer will it not pick up the front instead of squatting? Lol.. might just try filling rear box with sand xD
Nope, when it squats down compressing the rear it simultaneously pulls up on the front suspension making it lighter. Like a see-saw. Press down on one end and the other end HAS to come up... Simple physics!
The stiffer the rear suspension the more likely it is to just spin rather than squat down putting more weight on the rear and thus getting more traction.
Think of it this way... How many dragsters do you see with soft rear suspension? Answer = NONE!
Why? Because you can't steer or win races if the front of the car is in the air.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks polman500, i get it now, so i would also keep the front suspension softest because it will lift the easiest aswell?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts