Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some searches and could not find what I w as looking for.
I just bought a 2019 570 Sportsman, and would like to control max speed when certain people are riding the bike.
is there anything I can do?
Any after market products that would accomplish this?

thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
I too would like to know this. I have an 06 500 Sportsman and a 17 850 Sportsman that I would like to control or adjust the speed on for certain people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
9,191 Posts
Only took a quick search. This appears to be the best one. Here's a couple links.

·
9,191 Posts
look at these links, the model bike I have is not listed. I will need to contact them. thanks
Yeah, I saw that but all newer Polaris machines register speed at the speedo the same way. My understanding from a quick look is that it just splices right into the speedo and ignition and then you set the parameters you want. I'd contact them about an installation manual and tell them what machine you're wanting to install it on. It appears they cater primarily to commercial customers that want to lower liability concerns, costs and to increase employee safety to meet OSHA, work comp insurer and other safety standards for employees using OHV machines for work. There'll be no major differences in how they are installed from one machine to the next.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did some searches and could not find what I w as looking for.
I just bought a 2019 570 Sportsman, and would like to control max speed when certain people are riding the bike.
is there anything I can do?
Any after market products that would accomplish this?

thanks
$550 is a lot of money for that throttle limiter doohicky. Have you thought of loosening the screws that hold the thumb throttle to the handlebars and twisting it so that it would be very difficult and uncomfortable to push it to its maximum travel? Or installing a small block behind the thumb throttle to limit its travel? Of course, it goes without saying, if you are doing this to stop young people (i.e."certain people") from riding it too fast, they shouldn't be riding it period, as just a simple dismount (falling off) could kill them just as easily. But, maybe your need for a limiter is for other reasons, like to control people that won't respect your possessions.

Anyways, I'd do some brain storming before I'd put a limiter on the ATV that is permanent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts