Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought the sya kit for my 19 850 and most all went ok except for the cvt intake. If I tighten the band clamp on the fitting for the snorkel end, it pulls the rubber boot right off the cvt! I tried everything I could think of and can’t seem to make it bite down. Anyone ran into this before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I've had the exact same problem. Take a zip tie and zip tie it to the loop by the intake
A friend suggested getting. 4” to 2” silicon reducer. I’m gonna try that. I had it tied up thinking the pressure from the coupler weight was causing it but even with it tied up it’s still slipping off and not sealing

·
Registered
24 Posts
You are tightening it to much. I took some black gasket caulking caulked the sleeve and zip ties it until it was dry 2 days later. Then put the metal strap clamp on. It can idle under water with zero leaks

·
Registered
24 Posts
The hole is oval the sleeve is round. It will always want to slip off. Do not tighten it until silicone is dry. Have you also checked back cover of clutchs? Mine where leaking from new. Took it all apart and black gasket maker caulked the seal. No leaks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven’t tried letting it dry first. I noticed the more I tightened it the faster it slipped off. I already ordered the reducer so I’m gonna try that when I get back in there and if not I Got another tube of silicon for it

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Same thing I did as soon as I tighten it,it would slip off. Do the ziptie trick it works
I got the silicon reducers on and it was so much cleaner of an install and kept the hard piping from my foot wells. I seriously don’t understand why they don’t go that route with the kit

1 - 8 of 8 Posts