Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2019 Polaris 1000 High Lifter/Winch Remote/Auto Stop

Curious have anyone installed the remote control for the winch that comes with the High lifter..If so, what is the wiring configuration? Im also wanting to install the auto stop hd upgrade kit as well with this
Polaris® Wireless Winch Remote
Item # 2879316

autostop kit is part number 2881693

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use my winch all the time.... interested in what you come up with here. I'm always muddy head to toe when I'm 4 wheeling, don't know how the remote would survive.....

Yea the high lifter radiator makes it hard to find the key on orange spade connectors but I think I’m figuring it out though. Don’t want to hook up to where it drains battery either. Which is the importance of finding that orange key on wire under the radiator. Yea keeping up with the remote will be a job in it self. I’m sure it’s water prod though. I will be adding some dielectric grease as well. I’m the pic I’m assuming this is the orange key on wire spade connectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok. The auto stop is not going to work with the high lifter due to the front bumper. The wires will be exposed unless I put the fairlead on the inside but that would require longer bolts and just not for sure how stable that would be

·
Registered
326 Posts
Maybe drill a hole in the bumper, use a grommet to insulate the wire from hitting the metal, it's only the bumper, mine is all scratched up from use anyhow.....
Don't know if you can see it,but the front bumper gets a lot of abuse on the trail and in the mud....

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe drill a hole in the bumper, use a grommet to insulate the wire from hitting the metal, it's only the bumper, mine is all scratched up from use anyhow.....
Don't know if you can see it,but the front bumper gets a lot of abuse on the trail and in the mud....

Man that quad is sitting nice. Yea it cross my mind but it would still exposed no matter what and then the issue of getting beside the winch on the inside. What’s that bottom bumper plate called and what size loft you have on it?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Thanks man, the real big difference is the 32.5's, they're giant. I have a little 2 inch bracket lift, and the rear springs maxed out on pre load.

Maybe if you get some plastic wire loom, loop it up over the back of the bumper, zip tie it tight to the bumper itself. It appears you have the same bottom bracket, mine is just orange from the factory....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts