Polaris ATV Forum banner

2019 Polaris sportsman HL 1000 strange noise

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  plumberwl5 
#1 ·
I just posted about my ATV yesterday cutting off in water but this one is totally different. My ATV is practically new and idk if anyone has experienced a noise when applying the hand brake? It sounds like it’s coming from the starter, almost as if it’s trying to start, even tho it’s already on. It sounds like it’s spinning. It does it every now and then and I have to cut it off and start it back up and it’ll
Go away. One time I held it and kept pulling it and it had a burnt smell so I stopped. It’s very annoying and I hope someone knows what I’m talking about and have a solution to that. Thank you

#2 ·
So you're saying to the best of your knowledge the starter is engaging while the machine is running????

#4 ·
I don't know about your problem, but I will tell you that my 2015 Sportsman had a problem where it was making a terrible sound during a ride. We shut it off and tried starting it and it wouldn't crank. When I took it to the dealer for warranty repair they said that the starter was continuously trying to start and it basically "blew apart". So it is possible for it to be trying to start while it's running. But I don't know how your brake would factor in to that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.