Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if there is a company that makes wheel wells to cover up the main wire harness that can be seen from the front wheel wells of the quad? I dont want mud, water, snow, etc. Covering an going all over it. Anybody know where to get some or have a solution?

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
You understand that these are OFF ROAD machines right? They are designed to take the abuse of off road conditions. No one makes anything to cover the wheel wells. If you want something to add you will have to design and build it yourself. But remember that the machine was designed so that the heat created by the machine can escape. Changes to any of the body panels could cause an unintended consequence. As far as a solution, I would say wash the crap off after every ride and use dielectric grease on the wiring connecitons.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anybody know if there is a company that makes wheel wells to cover up the main wire harness that can be seen from the front wheel wells of the quad? I dont want mud, water, snow, etc. Covering an going all over it. Anybody know where to get some or have a solution?
You understand that these are OFF ROAD machines right? They are designed to take the abuse of off road conditions. No one makes anything to cover the wheel wells. If you want something to add you will have to design and build it yourself. But remember that the machine was designed so that the heat created by the machine can escape. Changes to any of the body panels could cause an unintended consequence. As far as a solution, I would say wash the crap off after every ride and use dielectric grease on the wiring connecitons.
I did go through with dielectric grease on the connections. An I understand about the heat dispersion in the design. I just wanted to know if there was something that could deflect most of the heavy stuff to keep it off of the main harness. I didnt know if there were pieces available that extended the gas tank shield up further cause there are holes that look like something could be added there

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
I have an 850 Sportsman so I am not familiar with the Scrambler plastics. I know they are more of a sport machine so there is less exterior plastic to keep the mud off. Are there holes like small ones for a bolt or big ones to allow air to go through. You might be able to make something or find something you could adapt to cover or deflect mud and stuff from the harness, but I doubt there is anything commercially available.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an 850 Sportsman so I am not familiar with the Scrambler plastics. I know they are more of a sport machine so there is less exterior plastic to keep the mud off. Are there holes like small ones for a bolt or big ones to allow air to go through. You might be able to make something or find something you could adapt to cover or deflect mud and stuff from the harness, but I doubt there is anything commercially available.
I will take photos when I get home. An okay I see that. I just didnt know if there were commercially available or if someone already made something on their own that I could use for a reference

1 - 5 of 5 Posts