Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a warrior snorkel kit from SnorkelYourATV and I have been having massive issues making it fit in the front hood area. It seems like I need another 1/2" at least in height in the hood area because the bottom of the 90 fittings are hitting the battery... I have emailed them about it and all I got for a response was that it will work it's just difficult to instal...

I am here in Canada but I purchased from Texas so my question is could there be anyway that I have a Canadian model scrambler and somehow the US models have my room in the hood area?

Super frustrated, any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
9,427 Posts
To my knowledge they are the same. Only models that differ are the European. But what you are experiencing shouldn't matter what country its final destination was. do you think you have the wrong set-up??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I recently purchased a warrior snorkel kit from SnorkelYourATV and I have been having massive issues making it fit in the front hood area. It seems like I need another 1/2" at least in height in the hood area because the bottom of the 90 fittings are hitting the battery... I have emailed them about it and all I got for a response was that it will work it's just difficult to instal...

I am here in Canada but I purchased from Texas so my question is could there be anyway that I have a Canadian model scrambler and somehow the US models have my room in the hood area?

Super frustrated, any help would be greatly appreciated. View attachment 137977

View attachment 137975 View attachment 137976
To my knowledge they are the same. Only models that differ are the European. But what you are experiencing shouldn't matter what country its final destination was. do you think you have the wrong set-up??
Judging by the worst customer service that I have ever dealt with I would say that's a possibility... No answers to any of my questions from them.

·
Premium Member
9,427 Posts
that sux!!!! what are you going to do?? try and make it work?? different kit???

·
Registered
202 Posts
If you remove the nut and then install, put the nut on the top side with maybe some washers if needed and silicone it all up it should work.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that sux!!!! what are you going to do?? try and make it work?? different kit???
In the meantime I had to rip everything I did back out but I'm not gonna let SnorkelYourAtv get away with it easy.. I just tried to see if I could move the battery down more but it is sitting on the frame so no dice... I might see if I can find a smaller battery to put in it maybe, otherwise I'm probably screwed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you remove the nut and then install, put the nut on the top side with maybe some washers if needed and silicone it all up it should work.
I tried that but there's no point because the inside of the 90 hits the angle underneath (kinda hard to explain) so basically with the nut on is as deep as you can put it..

·
10,387 Posts
Yeah, it looks to me like you've got around 2 1/2" from the battery to the deck in the first pic. And in the second pic its 2" from the bottom of the elbow to the shoulder on the elbow below the nut? I'd think if the nut was taken off it should stick through to the shoulder and work.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, it looks to me like you've got around 2 1/2" from the battery to the deck in the first pic. And in the second pic its 2" from the bottom of the elbow to the shoulder on the elbow below the nut? I'd think if the nut was taken off it should stick through to the shoulder and work.
Can't take the nut off because any deeper and the fitting would hit the angle underneath the hood. I tried to take a picture but it's hard lol..

·
Registered
202 Posts
I tried that but there's no point because the inside of the 90 hits the angle underneath (kinda hard to explain) so basically with the nut on is as deep as you can put it..
I think I follow what your saying. Hard to see with the measuring tape in the way. If that’s the case, get a small plumbing torch or heat gun and heat up the bottom of the elbow. Nice slow heat until it’s soft and then push it down to create an oval elbow.

SYA is a good brand and it’s not the first kit they’ve sold, so I’m thinking maybe you drilled the holes slightly off. If the holes are in the correct spot then the elbow needs to be manipulated a bit to get it to fit.

·
10,387 Posts
That would work ^^. Soften the elbow with a heat gun and flatten it down a little to fit. I wouldn't quit after getting that far. I'd make it work without changing batteries or anything that drastic.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think I follow what your saying. Hard to see with the measuring tape in the way. If that’s the case, get a small plumbing torch or heat gun and heat up the bottom of the elbow. Nice slow heat until it’s soft and then push it down to create an oval elbow.

SYA is a good brand and it’s not the first kit they’ve sold, so I’m thinking maybe you drilled the holes slightly off. If the holes are in the correct spot then the elbow needs to be manipulated a bit to get it to fit.
First picture is what SYA sent me and the second picture is what I have. If you look where I circled, the battery looks higher than what they have..

·
Registered
202 Posts
First picture is what SYA sent me and the second picture is what I have. If you look where I circled, the battery looks higher than what they have..

View attachment 137987 View attachment 137988
That could just be the angle of the photo. Unless the 2019’s came with taller batteries, everything should fit. If the hole was drilled too far forward you may be running into the battery other wise it looks like it should clear. I would dry fit and see exactly what’s touching. If you can’t manipulate the elbow to fit then heat it up and make it fit. I agree with Polman, I wouldn’t quit now. One way or another it’s gotta work.

·
10,387 Posts
Ah Ha!! I found the difference OP. There are two different batteries for that machine from Polaris.
The "standard" battery is a18ah and the "optional" battery is a 30 amp which is no doubt thicker as there are also different brackets for each one. You being in Canada, the great white north, you have that larger capacity battery.
[TD]BRACKET, BATTERY, 30 AMP [USED W/4011224][/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]USAGE[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]5253372[/TD]
[TD]BRACKET, BATTERY STRAP [USED W/4011496][/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]USAGE[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]4011224[/TD]
[TD]BATTERY, SEALED, 30 AMP [OPT.][/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]USAGE[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]4015961[/TD]
[TD]BATTERY, 18-AH, 310 CCA [STD.][/TD]
BRACKET, BATTERY, 30 AMP [USED W/4011224]1USAGE
35253372BRACKET, BATTERY STRAP [USED W/4011496]1USAGE
44011224BATTERY, SEALED, 30 AMP [OPT.]1USAGE
44015961BATTERY, 18-AH, 310 CCA [STD.]

·
10,387 Posts
OP, I was looking at an older machine (2016) to see if the batteries had changed and at that time they offered the two different battery options. For your newer machine, the 30 AH AGM (thicker) battery is now standard. That's where you're losing the clearance.

·
10,387 Posts
I suppose that if you were so inclined, you could get the smaller old style 18ah battery and the bracket to go with it and then your kit would fit perfectly as designed. But that'd be a pretty pricey fix.
4015961BATTERY, 18-AH, 310 CCA [STD.]

5253372BRACKET, BATTERY STRAP [USED W/4011496]

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I suppose that if you were so inclined, you could get the smaller old style 18ah battery and the bracket to go with it and then your kit would fit perfectly as designed. But that'd be a pretty pricey fix.
4015961BATTERY, 18-AH, 310 CCA [STD.]

5253372BRACKET, BATTERY STRAP [USED W/4011496]
Thank you so much Polman!!! I really appreciate it

·
10,387 Posts
You're welcome Scrambler. I sorta get stuck on problems like that. The OCD kicks in and I can't let a machine problem beat me lol.
You might want to inform SYA they need to modify their kits since it WILL NOT fit your 2019 machine as they currently have it designed. Maybe they'll help you out on it??
It looks like Polaris made the switch to the 30ah AGM battery only configuration beginning with the 2019 model year.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You're welcome Scrambler. I sorta get stuck on problems like that. The OCD kicks in and I can't let a machine problem beat me lol.
You might want to inform SYA they need to modify their kits since it WILL NOT fit your 2019 machine as they currently have it designed. Maybe they'll help you out on it??
It looks like Polaris made the switch to the 30ah AGM battery only configuration beginning with the 2019 model year.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.
I have the same problem ahaha.. It was very frustrating to say the least especially since SYA has been 0 help to me.. They will not return my email or answer when I call.. very upset with the customer service..

That isn't even the only thing wrong with the kit either... The CVT out fitting that they have in thier instructions is a hard plastic type that you have to cut and then attach to the new hose via hose clamp but on mine it is a soft plyable rubber totally different shape and size than in the pictures so that's gonna be fun to figure out as well... I put that as well into my emails to SYA and they didn't even acknowledge it the one and only time they responded to me..

·
10,387 Posts
Well, in all fairness OP, a lot of stuff is shut down right now and maybe them too??
It may not be easy but it can be made to work.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts